I'm just not losing weight

Options
I workout 5/6x a week doing cardio( running, elliptical burning about 400-700 a day. I've been eating really good and sticking to my diet(1200 calories I'm 5 1" weighing about 150 my legs take up most my weight in muscle) and consuming more protein in my diet. I don't know why I haven't lost any more weight by now?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    How long have you been following this regime?

How accurate and consistent is your food log?
  • katelynmccloy
    katelynmccloy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for almost 2 weeks now and yes I even log when I have a cheat.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    can't see your diary so nobody will be able to give you effective advice.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    You could be retaining water in your muscles due to the new exercise regime. Give it more time and if you are eating at a calorie deficit you will start to lose weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I agree how long have you been doing this? Do you weigh all solids or do you use cup measurements. If you only measure and don't weigh it is notoriously inconsistent from one cup to the next which is why the people on here that have been successful will tell you weighing is key.

Also are you only going by the scale or have you measured yourself as well. Weight is not the only measurement, you have to remember that a cubic inch of fat weighs less than a cubic inch of muscle so if you are gaining muscle the scale may not go down. I know a trainer that if you went by her weight she would be classified as obese but she is a size 4 and in such awesome shape.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't long enough. How do your measure how many calories you're burning? 700 calories seems a lot to burn in a gym session just using the treadmill and elliptical. Not that it matters if you're not eating back exercise calories.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you are taking the burns from the machine cut it by about 25% or more. They are known to over esitmate.

As for your intake...if you truely are eating 1200 and burning lets say 400...you would be losing...

I suspect you don't use a scale to weigh your food.
  • Bex_2584
    Bex_2584 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I did 1200 for 6 months and didn't lose a single pound.
  • trianglevision
    trianglevision Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ok let me tell you a story-

I was doing the same thing for two weeks and nothing happened - my weight wouldn't budge!

Then I stopped working out for four days and ate 1600-1800calories a day for a couple days in a row and lost three lbs overnight!

Your body is probably retaining a lot of water from exercise and eating so little. If you take a break for a few days you might see results like i did...?
  • bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. Any of the things above could be the reason. But if you're frustrated by it try measuring yourself or using a fat measuring set of scales.
    If you're eating better than before you started and are exercising you're already better off.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Tbh if you open your diary then people can normally see what might be wrong.

the starting position is that for the vast majority and id guess that would be 95%, then the reason you tend not to be losing weight is because you arent at a calorific deficit.

Normally by eating more than you think.
    Burning less than you think.
    2 weeks isnt enough.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    do you weigh solid food and measure liquids that you are consuming? If not you may be eating 10-50% more than you think you are.

And if your workouts are recent your muscle could be storing water temporarily masking any fat (weight) loss on the scale.
  • rairaiaday
    Options
    I am the same height as you ! It is difficult for us shorties ! Lol try and drink water LOTS OF WATER , I mean peeing like 24/7 . I found that helps at the beginning because you lose water weight. If I want to lose weight I need to flush out all of those toxins :)
  • katelynmccloy
    Options
    Yes I burn 400-700 a day 5-6x a week.. I'm a runner and also training to do marathons and such. I also measure out my food to a T. I made my journal public so everyone can see. I try drinking half my body weight in ounces but recently been drinking only 3 bottles of water daily. Thanks for everyone trying to help.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Yes I burn 400-700 a day 5-6x a week.. I'm a runner and also training to do marathons and such. I also measure out my food to a T. I made my journal public so everyone can see. I try drinking half my body weight in ounces but recently been drinking only 3 bottles of water daily. Thanks for everyone trying to help.

Here's your problem. Measuring isn't accurate. You need to weigh your food using a food scale.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    You said you record when you've had a cheat - how often are you cheating?

Can you open your diary?
  • katelynmccloy
    Options
    Also I should have put this in the original blog but I am noticing my stomach shrinking but haven't been using any weights to really build muscle.. But also I'm staying at the same weight.. Fat turning into muscle? Not sure but just frustrating me I'm not losing lbs.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Bex_2584 wrote: »
    ^^^ I did 1200 for 6 months and didn't lose a single pound.
    you were doing it wrong...I eat 2000 a day and lose about 3/4 a week