Losing 5-10kgs to far fetched?

Options
so my plan was to lose 5-10kgs as fast as possible on a completely strict diet routine .. Prbs not the best way I guess - but I intend to just go on a juicing routine breakfast lunch dinner etc and lots of water incorporated with cardio for 30-45mins for two weeks to see how I go ! However I may continue doing it if I can handle it!

I currently weigh at 65kg and I want to ideally drop down to 55kg. I'm around 160-164cm tall, I intended to lose some weight around my tummy, tone up my triceps and my inner thighs .. (My outer thighs are toned enough)

What are some tips do you have that have helped you lose weight/fat and tone those areas??

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    1. What's the rush? Fast weight loss usually = fast weight re-gain.

2. You cannot spot reduce - your body will decide where and when it loses fat from. Just keep eating at a calorie deficit and you will get there.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain it quickly, why try to lose it that way?
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I agree what's the rush? Everyone I know that has done the juicing thing has put back on most if not all of the weight they lost in a very short time. Juicing cleanses are for getting toxins out of your body, weightloss at first is just a side benefit but it doesn't last.

Also, if all you are having is juice after a few days you are going to find you don't have the energy to workout because you are not putting enough food in your body to convert to energy.

If you want to tone, cardio is not going to be as much help with that you need to incorporate weights.

Good Luck
  • thatssoviv
    Options
    kmash32 wrote: »
    I agree what's the rush? Everyone I know that has done the juicing thing has put back on most if not all of the weight they lost in a very short time. Juicing cleanses are for getting toxins out of your body, weightloss at first is just a side benefit but it doesn't last.

Also, if all you are having is juice after a few days you are going to find you don't have the energy to workout because you are not putting enough food in your body to convert to energy.

If you want to tone, cardio is not going to be as much help with that you need to incorporate weights.

Good Luck

I just feel fat to be honest hence why I want to lose the weight fast.. I put on 5kg in one year, I'll most likely include shakes and other supplements.

I lost 5kg in one month but that's with no carbs, stream chicken and vegetables (small portions) for dinner .. Lunch was salmon and veg breakfast was just fruits.. < don't know why I stopped but can't seem to stick to that routine ..

Thanks!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    thatssoviv wrote: »

Good Luck

I just feel fat to be honest hence why I want to lose the weight fast.. I put on 5kg in one year, I'll most likely include shakes and other supplements.

I lost 5kg in one month but that's with no carbs, stream chicken and vegetables (small portions) for dinner .. Lunch was salmon and veg breakfast was just fruits.. < don't know why I stopped but can't seem to stick to that routine ..

Thanks!

Because its not sustainable.
  • thatssoviv
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Good Luck

Thanks!

Because its not sustainable.

I kept the weight off for a good solid year until I started work and fell off the rails,
    What do you suggest that would be more ideal to drop that kind of weight over time or quickly?

• kmash32
    Options

Good Luck

Thanks!

The thing you have to remember is you are making a lifestyle change not dieting. If you only diet and then go back to old habits you will just put the weight back on. The reason you couldn't stick with the food you mentioned above is probably because you got bored with it and wanted other things. You need to figure out how to stay at a calorie deficit but still eat some of the things you really enjoy. This is what most of us struggle with but also why most of us eventually give up, because we want that little bit of chocolate or ice cream or pasta sometimes and if we don't give it to ourselves we end up binging and then figure well I have already screwed up so what's the use.
  • thatssoviv
    Options

Good Luck

Thanks!

The thing you have to remember is you are making a lifestyle change not dieting. If you only diet and then go back to old habits you will just put the weight back on. The reason you couldn't stick with the food you mentioned above is probably because you got bored with it and wanted other things. You need to figure out how to stay at a calorie deficit but still eat some of the things you really enjoy. This is what most of us struggle with but also why most of us eventually give up, because we want that little bit of chocolate or ice cream or pasta sometimes and if we don't give it to ourselves we end up binging and then figure well I have already screwed up so what's the use.

You're right! Hmm is 1500cal too far fetched for daily consumption ?

• WhyDidntYouRunToday
    Options
    I am doing 1250 cals per day at the moment. It's been going quite well given that I love eating any sort of junk food.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose. You don't need to do anything odd, like juicing (I prefer to eat my calories in solid food). You've got this!
  • kmash32
    edited January 2015
    Options

Good Luck

Thanks!

You're right! Hmm is 1500cal too far fetched for daily consumption ?

I do 1,500 but I am 5'4 and have a lot more to lose plus health issues. You might want to figure out your TDEE and then do from there or I know a lot of people on here do well with 1,200 plus eating back their exercise calories.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Speed kills diets.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Why is everyone so focused on the hurry?

You are headed for yoyo disaster, OP, and ultimate failure.

Slow that ship down and do it right. You'll be glad you did.
  • thatssoviv
    Options
    I am doing 1250 cals per day at the moment. It's been going quite well given that I love eating any sort of junk food.

Do you consume any carbs? Lol me too!!! And anything carb I'm mega happy. Gotta stop it now
  • thatssoviv
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose. You don't need to do anything odd, like juicing (I prefer to eat my calories in solid food). You've got this!

I'll defs try counting calorie! Will defs post back here if I've dropped substantial amount of weight!
  • thatssoviv
    Options
    Speed kills diets.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Why is everyone so focused on the hurry?

You are headed for yoyo disaster, OP, and ultimate failure.

Slow that ship down and do it right. You'll be glad you did.

Tip taken! Do you have any work out routines to tone inner thighs.. .