Found: Fun way to stay motivated

Options
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know a little technique that I've started using to help motivate me on my fitness journey.

A while back, I saw where someone had started a virtual trip. This got me thinking of how I could do the same thing as a way of keeping myself motivated on my fitness journey. It took me a while to figure out the logistics of how to best do this and get rolling, but I've officially started my journey.

If you're interested in following or seeing how I'm doing it, check out my MFP Blog ( myfitnesspal.com/blog/CoolDad67 ) where I'm documenting the trip(s).

Good luck on your own journeys and stay motivated.

CoolDad

33732834.png

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Really great stuff you have going on there in your blog!! It's obvious that you're well motivated and that's fantastic!!

Keep up the fantastic progress, just goes to show that giving 110% to your journey definately gives 110% back in return!

All the best,
    Adam
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thanks Adam.

I've just uploaded the second part of my journey in my blog; so, if you want to see where I am now, just check it out. Be sure to give it at thumbs-up if you like it.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That is so neat! Very interesting and a great way to stay motivated. How can I get started? Where do you get the map from, originally?
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The maps are generated on the www.freemaptools.com website. I just screen capture them and use paint to put in the text. I use the "radius around a point" tool, the "how far is it between" tool, and the "save route on map" tool. I'm also keeping a spreadsheet of the data.

I am pretty sure that the freemaptools.com site is using google maps as a back-end.