In the beginning...

Options
TNGirlyGirl
TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
I've been on MFP for about 1-1/2 weeks, and am just now getting up the nerve to venture out and meet people!! I've battled my weight all my life, and always blamed genetics for how I look. Recently, I decided that genetics or not, I'm done with being overweight. I don't want to spend my life dealing with diabetes, high blood pressure and heart problems if I can avoid them!!!

Everyone always says we shouldn't strive to weigh what we did in high school, and I agree -- I want to be skinnier. After all, I was a size 12-14 and weighed 160 at age 16. Four kids and more than 25 years later, I hit 210. That was a month ago -- I've already lost 6 lbs, with 54 to go. (I'll decide if I want to lose the additional 15 my doctors want when I reach my personal goal.)

Here's to the journey... and the bikini at the end of it :laugh:

Replies

• jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in your journey. :happy:
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! It's not an easy journey!
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    good luck....you can friend me for support

danielle6875
  • ang888
    ang888 Posts: 12
    Options
    hi and welcome... your story sounds alot like mine.. :) my high point was 234, that was a year ago.. I am now down to 191 :) I have lost 7 pounds since i joined this site =) good luck and feel free to add me as your friend :)
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You have come to the right please. Friend me if you want.
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck on your journey! As a previous poster said, it's not easy, BUT it is SOOO worth it! I'm sending you a friend request, feel free to accept for some extra support!
  • thedons
    thedons Posts: 41
    Options
    yay for you! this is an awesome place to be! everyone is so wonderful, supportive & full of encouragement. welcome, welcome. journey well. and feel free to add me as a friend also.
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Sounds a lot like me in HS. And yes, I want to be thinner than then, too. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am relatively new to this; 2 weeks and 3 lbs later.....