Looking for a recipe-Cauliflower pizza

Options
Hi Everyone. I am new to the site and still learning how to navigate. Friday night is always pizza night at our house so I'm looking for a lower calorie,lower carb alternative. I saw a recipe for cauliflower pizza yesterday and cant seem to find it again. Can someone re-post or diret me on how to search for this. Thanks

Replies

• stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I don't have the recipe handy but if you look up the blog Uplateanyway and look for her pizza bagel recipe I don't think you'll be disappointed. I made mine in a muffin pan instead of a donut pan and while it's not traditional pizza it is wonderful.
  • heatherv89
    heatherv89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to this week! Guess we'll see..
  • jennab0o
    jennab0o Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    http://onelittleproject.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust/

I've tried a number of different cauliflower recipes (cauliflower grilled cheese, pizza, garlic sticks) and it is definitely a yummy alternative to carbs. The texture takes a little getting used to, though.
  • margieshoe
    margieshoe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried pizza but I use cauliflower as mashed potatoes ALL THE TIME. It is SO good! If you blend them with a hand blender they whip up like potatoes mashed potatoes. Mmmmm.....
  • gwensoul
    gwensoul Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I actually really like the cauliflower crust. No getting used to it. It doesn’t taste like bread but I think it complimented the toppings well. I stay lower carb just because I feel sluggish if I have too many (try to stay around 100 a day)
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Can egg whites or flax eggs be used in place of whole eggs? Would it turn out ok?
  • Smash_Dub
    Smash_Dub Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Some people may want to work in pizza once a week AND have something similar a second time during the week. I do my cheat meals, but if I could have something that resembles pizza when I am craving it after I may have already worked it in, then that's a bonus.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    jennab0o wrote: »

I've tried a number of different cauliflower recipes (cauliflower grilled cheese, pizza, garlic sticks) and it is definitely a yummy alternative to carbs. The texture takes a little getting used to, though.

So, my comments were deleted, although I'm not sure why.

My point was, why bother eating something that you have to get used to? Why not just eat pizza if you like it? In moderation, of course.
  • Smash_Dub
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Karbum wrote: »
    I haven't tried pizza but I use cauliflower as mashed potatoes ALL THE TIME. It is SO good! If you blend them with a hand blender they whip up like potatoes mashed potatoes. Mmmmm.....

I LOVE doing this! Add some garlic and it's delicious.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you can use real thin crust pizza and make your own... I do this and comes in at about 200 to 250 calories a slice....

cauliflower pizza is NOT pizza....
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Smash_Dub wrote: »
    Some people may want to work in pizza once a week AND have something similar a second time during the week. I do my cheat meals, but if I could have something that resembles pizza when I am craving it after I may have already worked it in, then that's a bonus.

Ok... Work regular pizza in twice a week then. I'd rather plan a little more and work real pizza into my day than try to find an alternative. If real pizza crust is part of a good quality pizza, then it's totally worth the calories if you can work it in (once, twice, three times... doesn't matter). Cauliflower crust just isn't really that good.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Can egg whites or flax eggs be used in place of whole eggs? Would it turn out ok?

I'm sure the eggs are a binder, so the egg whites should work. I've never heard of flax eggs, so have no idea on that one.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

My point was, why bother eating something that you have to get used to? Why not just eat pizza if you like it? In moderation, of course.

Why does it matter what someone other than you eats or wants to eat?
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can use egg whites. Also, for crispier crust, add a few tablespoons of almond meal.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

beucae the whole thought process of "bad" foods sets people up for an unhealthy relationship with food.

You can eat real pizza and make it a little less calorie dense...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

beucae the whole thought process of "bad" foods sets people up for an unhealthy relationship with food.

You can eat real pizza and make it a little less calorie dense...

The OP says nothing about anything being bad. She said she wanted to try a lower carb alternative and wanted help finding the recipe. Is that bad?
  • Smash_Dub
    Options
    And my point is that I eat "real foods" and stuff I love often, but there may be some days where I want something with less calories and I happen to like the taste. There is nothing wrong with finding alternative ways to make something. I would love to eat pizza every single day, but it isn't realistic.

You don't even have to call it pizza. You could call it...a wrap? A veggie cracker? Whatever.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    my recipe for cauliflower pizza is as follows:

1 dough ball from trader joes (or your local grocer)
    3 links of extra hot italian sausage, browned and chopped
    1/2 lb. bacon, browned and chopped
    1 cup italian 4-cheese blend from trader joes
    1/8 cup of FINELY chopped cauliflower
    1 TBS of minced garlic
    1/4 cup of caramelized yellow onion, chopped
    2/3 cup of your favorite pasta sauce

roll out the dough
    spread minced garlic on as a base layer
    top with as much sauce as preferred
    add chopped sausage and bacon and onion
    cover liberally with 4-cheese blend
    sprinkle half the pizza VERY lightly with finely chopped cauliflower
    bake at 420 til brown and bubbly

options: grated parmesan cheese and/or balsamic reduction, crushed red pepper