SLIM FAST!

Options
Hi all!

I'm currently on my second week of Slim Fast. I've lost 7lbs so far (woo!), and combining it with regular exercise at the gym. :smile: Is anyone else on/or have been on it? and has any success stories?

If you do, please share some of your tips and progress, I'd love to hear them!!

Maisie xx

Replies

• fwahbi
    fwahbi Posts: 1
    Options
    What is the Slim fast deal ?
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My grandfather loved slimfast. He drank them all the time. With his meals, after his meals, with his beer.

He never really lost weight. I have no idea what the "slimfast diet" is but I occasionally enjoy protein shakes (offbrand slimfast!) as breakfast replacement on busy weekends.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My grandfather loved slimfast. He drank them all the time. With his meals, after his meals, with his beer.

He never really lost weight. I have no idea what the "slimfast diet" is but I occasionally enjoy protein shakes (offbrand slimfast!) as breakfast replacement on busy weekends.

Haha - I had a friend like that - instead of a meal replacement shake she'd have it with her meal and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working!
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options

LOL my father-in-law was like that, he didn't understand that you drank the shakes instead of meals rather than along with them. Couldn't understand why he was gaining rather than losing.
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Love these. I don't do the actual diet. I try my best to eat clean and exercise. I always make sure to either have the prepackaged bottles or powder in my house. If i'm to lazy to make a meal or don't have anything healthy lying around I make myself a shake, or if I'm headed out and I know i won't have access to a healthy meal I bring along the bottles. Lost a bunch of weight last time I attempted, and this time i'm gonna lose it for good with the help of these little guys :) good luck.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I tried the balanced diet and it worked pretty well.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I used to grab one for breakfast. After 3-4 days of drinking it my chest felt really strange! I kept getting flutters and really strange "bubbles" in my chest. It was scary. I know it sounds odd but I told my Mom and she had the same experience. After I stopped the slim fast it never happened again! Maybe I'm just weird. Ha.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I suggest you learn how to eat at a deficit to lose weight, & not be co-dependent on a filler loaded shake.

• troutrouter
    Options
    When traveling I use the Slim Fast products because I don't want to bother guestimating calories in restaurant food for a prolonged period of time.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    What happens when you stop taking the slim fast?

All you need is a decent calorie deficit and you'll lose weight.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    1ef10024d5570fc41d3fbf080e4567b9.png

Yes, I'd like mildly diluted gunk for a diet and all the chemicals!!!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm currently on my second week of Slim Fast. I've lost 7lbs so far (woo!), and combining it with regular exercise at the gym. :smile: Is anyone else on/or have been on it? and has any success stories?

If you do, please share some of your tips and progress, I'd love to hear them!!

Maisie xx

I have tried slimfast before. As a younger kid, my dad used to make the shakes in the morning as a breakfast. (it was a mix) It tasted really nice, like ovaltine (a household staple!)

I remember being really hungry soon after drinking it (like as soon as I was on the bus to school), and feeling bad about that.

I also remember if I drank it too much, Id get stomach pains and gas.

These days, I would say it would be a good supplement/occasional quick breakfast, but I have no interest in doing the 2 shakes a day thing.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Have you read the ingredient list on those things? I'm going to use the Slim Fast Creamy Milk Chocolate shake as my example here:
    Nutrition Facts & Ingredients:
    tzsu58vedqgl.png
    If you really want to substitute a meal with a shake, why not just make your own with fresh ingredients? Here I'm using one that I've had a few times this week as an example:
    ia486t0h851l.png

My shake is 41 more calories than SF, 9 more carbs, 1 more fat, 2 more protein, 184 LESS sodium, and 1 more fiber.

Oh, and my shake is probably at least 20 ounces, double the 10 of the SF shake.

So, my shake is all fresh, no chemicals or things I can't pronounce, WAY less sodium, and I'm sure if I took the time to list the vitamins, it would excel there as well.

Just some "food" for thought.

• nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So_Much_Fab beat me to it. The ingredients of Slim Fast is horrifying. :|