210 to 135 to 155. And working to lose 15!

Options
Hello fellow fitness pal members!

I'm looking for inspiration, motivation and support throughout my battle of the bulge. Here is my short story.
Stats:
5'7"
Female
34 yrs old
Current weight: 154lbs/size 6
Goal weight: 140 lbs/size 4
Heaviest: 210ish/size 16
Lowest: 135lbs/size 4
Been fat most my life.
Grade school: 120-150lbs
Highschool: 155-160 lbs
20's: 160- 170lbs then ballooned for a short while.
30's: 138-145lbs.

I lost the weight by getting happy. Got a divorce, followed my passion, changed my career, moved, dieted and worked out religiously. It worked and I spent the early part of my 30's in the best shape of my life. I frolicked in bikinis, had other women envious of my shape, men fawn all over me, tell me how my body was amazing, how alien it was to hear all that but honestly absolutely fantastic. As years went by, I maintained my weight and could easily dedicate myself back to a low carb diet and consistent workout for a week, and I was back to looking skinny (fit) after a carb packed weekend. I watched my calories and never over did it on the weekends. As time went on, and my choice of boyfriend wore off on me (dated first bf who didn't work out), bad habits rubbed off, and I worked out less, and indulged more. Going back to the gym for one week and eating right no longer makes my body spring back. :(

Currently, I am on week two of a diet and work out regime. I work out daily, 60-70 min cardio with some strength training ontop of that. I eat 1000-1500 calories, yo-yoing my calories through the week. I'm a snug size 6, as it seems that bagel and cookie ( and whatever other carb)I had on Monday sure are making my body hold onto water.
Pros: I look smoother, more definition, my butt is lifting, workouts getting easier (I can push myself more and don't want die everytime i get in the gym), legs have less cellulite and more definition. I gained muscle and strength. Feel like superwoman after workout! Happier, endorphins kicking in for sure!
Cons: clothes fit snug, I'm so bloody hungry at times I want to eat the whole contents of my fridge (thank god I don't pack junk food in my house!), hard time sticking to diet, crave carbs, fell off diet earlier this week, why isn't this working faster, i look bigger in my upper body, my thighs rub together (they didn't before even at my current weight!). Waiting for results..

So, I guess I am waiting for that one morning where I will wake up and look in mirror and go "finally it's working!!" I hope it's tomorrow!

Ladies, ask me anything, I've been there:)

Happy fitness and healthy lifestyle to all,
Fitsomethingorothernme:)

Replies

• keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the working out is in the process of reshaping your body. Wait a little longer and you will see the results. Working out does make you really hungry tho, good luck...
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try to reduce the carbs from refined flours (white breads, rice, pasta, bagels, etc) and add more lean protein. Protein will help keep you feeling full longer and if you're starving after your workout, eat a lean, high protein with good carbs (think greens & whole grain carbs) snack or shake. Starving is not the answer.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Eating 1000 calories? That maybe why you are bloody hunger! Just a little something to think about. More muscle takes more energy/food to move.
  • jdevergillo7
    jdevergillo7 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I almost have the same! Starting weight 210, lowest 142, current 152, goal 140! We can do this!!! :)
  • Polishchik
    Polishchik Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I almost have the same! Starting weight 210, lowest 142, current 152, goal 140! We can do this!!! :)

We can do this! We have, we will and we are! Would be nice if it happened over night though.
  • Polishchik
    Options
    Try to reduce the carbs from refined flours (white breads, rice, pasta, bagels, etc) and add more lean protein. Protein will help keep you feeling full longer and if you're starving after your workout, eat a lean, high protein with good carbs (think greens & whole grain carbs) snack or shake. Starving is not the answer.

Your completely right. In the last two weeks I have fallen off the wagon and ate poorly. It takes a while to eliminate the water weight when going into a low carb diet. Mondays food is still lingering, and I'm still pudgy. I will have to do my best and stick to the low carb. Thank you for the protein advice. I've started keeping a shake in my car for times I find myself hungry And with out food. I use to keep protein bars also. Time to go shopping!
  • Polishchik
    Options
    Eating 1000 calories? That maybe why you are bloody hunger! Just a little something to think about. More muscle takes more energy/food to move.

Yes it does, but one isn't to be upping their calories because they started to gain muscle. The idea is for my body to shrink therefor I keep my calories low and wait the the ample fat supply on my body to fuel my needs. Hunger is one of the stages we go through in the beginning until the body changes and attacks the fat. Usually after a week or so the hunger subsides and energy level go up. Chickaboo mentioned adding more protein, she is correct as protein will make you feel fuller longer (takes longer to digest protein too) and for the most part, that is what I am doing. My problem is with baked goods and sweets. Working on eating clean this year is one of my goals for sure!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!