Did you lose weight for yourself or someone else?

Options
13»

Replies

• krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for me, primarily. I'm doing it to be happier, fitter and healthier - so that stairs don't wear me out, so I can work past using my inhaler for every little thing, so I can feel better in my skin.

But honestly? There's that 5% motivator for me that includes my future: I want to keep my fiance interested physically after nine years, I want to be healthy for my fertility when I decide to have children, and I want to prove the naysayers in my family wrong. And maybe shock some old high school friends too. :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Both, for love of self and love of others. It we can not love ourselves we can not truly love others. We need to stay alive to be able to show love. We can be killing our own kids and grandkids if we are setting a bad example for them.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    For me, because I am vain and kind of obsessive. Also, oddly, to illicit comments from a female friend against whom I always felt that I could not measure up....she's not my friend anymore though.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Honestly... I do it because I want to live long enough to see my kids get married and have children of their own. I do it because I love my husband and want to spend forever with him like we planned. I do it all for ME and what I want in life! <3
  • angielisa75
    angielisa75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Always If you want to improve your self do it for you not anyone else.
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,042 Member
    Options
    95% for me, 5% to look good to me, and others hopefully. There's always gonna be that little part that makes you want to look your best to others.
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    Sweetsluv wrote: »
    If I am honest I will say that looking good for my man is just as important as looking good for myself. Not because of any pressure from him, but because he deserves it.

I couldn't agree more. I did it for myself, my husband, and kids. My husband always makes sure to tell me how beautiful I am, even at 200 lbs and 9 months pregnant. The least I can do is stay attractive on the inside and out. When I feel good about myself there are more "benefits" for him.
  • krisakin9
    krisakin9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Both... I have 3 young children who need their daddy! There are several mile stones in their lives that I want to be around to see. I love them all very much.. As for me... I have issues doing some of life's simplest tasks because of my weight... Losing the 50ish pounds I have so far has made those tasks so much easier.. Its has helped with my self confidence and current depression.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My husband could care less what size I am. I did it for me, because I felt like crap. And for my kids, because I don't want them to grow up without me and I want to live long enough to see my grandchildren.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    you dont lose 160 pounds for anyone but yourself

so me me me me me all about me
  • krisakin9
    krisakin9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    160 pounds!?!?!?!?!?! that is so awesome... Congrats...
  • livb528
    livb528 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am doing it first and foremost for me. I am 28 and 30 is ever looming and I want to feel good about myself and feel healthy. But losing weight for my husband and my children comes in a close second. My husband loves me for me but I want him to have a pretty wife that he can show off in public ;) and my children need a healthy fit mother who is a good example to them! It would absolutely break my heart if I passed on my weight issues to my daughters.
  • edensgarden2015
    edensgarden2015 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It's all for me!!!
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight I did it for my husband. (Ex husband now) I gained that back and then some, but this time I did it for me and nobody else!! I've been on maintenance for almost one year. I got this!!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    The previous times I've tried to lose... to impress some different guy each time, which never was a success anyways... womp womp!! :ohwell:

This time around, I'm doing it for me!! I'm the one fighting to fit into my clothes, damn it!! And I'm keeping off the weight too this time!! :drinker:
  • redhead_che
    redhead_che Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Finally just for me. I ditched a lot of toxic friendships recently and I have all this time and energy to focus on getting healthier.