1PM and you only have 300 calories left for the day. How would you spend them?

Options
Ummmmmmmm yeah. That's me today. Help?

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Have my normal dinner and if I go over it isn't a big deal :) It isn't set in stone...
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Go work out and earn some extra wiggle room.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I would probably go over for the day. 100 calorie snack (e.g., 16g coconut flakes) and then 400 calorie dinner (e.g., chicken, veggies, squash, olive oil). 30 minutes exercise.
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd get a good workout in too earn my self some calories, then I'd prepare a healthy low calorie dinner and save myself some cals for a few snacks to get me through the rest of the day!
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hmm... small Wendy's chili for supper (210 calories), and maybe some fruit or jerky for a snack. Or run on the elliptical for half an hour and have a proper dinner. :)
  • enchampion
    enchampion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled egg whites are very low cal and keep me full for a while, snack on that if your hungry, finish off with 6 pieces of nigiri(tuna), or a salad with light dressing.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'd reevaluate my calorie goal, making sure it's not too low/restrictive, and from there go with the things already posted. Going over once in awhile isn't a big deal, and if you can, get some sort of workout in to offset the extra cals. And of course, whatever you eat for the rest of the day, make good choices. Go over with healthy cals as much as possible. :)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Get in a good workout to get a few more calories.

Or eat some cheddar cheese, an apple, and 100-calorie Greek yogurt and call it a night.

Or both.
  • julzwild
    julzwild Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree that working out can earn you some extra calories and I also agree that if you go over today, then that's okay too. If you learn to associate this lifestyle change with constant hunger then you won't succeed in the end but to answer your question about 300 calories, you can make a huge salad with 3 or 4 oz of grilled chicken breast and tons of raw veggies and use lemon and/or vinegar with a dash of olive oil, or you could do a big bowl of a broth based soup with white meat chicken or turkey. Don't fret too much. Think long-haul!
  • clambert1273
    Options
    if you are one with the 1200 calorie goal... you can afford to go over a few hundred or more..... :)
  • tbullucks2006
    tbullucks2006 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sadly my goal is 1500 per day. Hubby brought big breakfast home and I didn't refuse it. :)
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Sadly my goal is 1500 per day. Hubby brought big breakfast home and I didn't refuse it. :)

good for you! I am 1600 per day and I think one day this week I went way over and had pizza... I ate it - was happy and moved on LOL don't worry about the rest (it all averages over time!!)
  • segacs
    Options
    Look at calories on a weekly and not daily basis. It's okay to be a bit over on some days and a bit under on other days as long as you are achieving your overall weekly deficit. Real life happens.

Having said that, try not to get into the habit of "borrowing" calories from later days in the week too much. That's how people get into bigger and bigger amounts of debt. It's like money; cash flow management is fine, but borrowing against next week's paycheque is just a dangerous habit.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Look at calories on a weekly and not daily basis. It's okay to be a bit over on some days and a bit under on other days as long as you are achieving your overall weekly deficit. Real life happens.

Having said that, try not to get into the habit of "borrowing" calories from later days in the week too much. That's how people get into bigger and bigger amounts of debt. It's like money; cash flow management is fine, but borrowing against next week's paycheque is just a dangerous habit.

leave me and my cupcake alone :P
  • segacs
    Options
    leave me and my cupcake alone :P

Cupcakes? Where? Can I have one? :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

This
  • kismea
    kismea Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would eat as close to them as possible but go over and if needed dock a few cals each day for the rest of the week to make up for it, or toss in a few extra workouts to balance it out :D
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

I have days like that! And my goal is 2000 - big breakfasts, special coffees, celebration dinners - any of these might put me over my goal every so often. Three years of this and I haven't gained, so it's all good. Just eat well for the rest of the day, you'll be fine. :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'd workout and have enough alories for dinner. :smile: But if for some reason you can't, then don't freak out when you go over. Log it and move on. :smile:
  • troutrouter
    Options
    I agree with clambert. Move forward. Just don't do it too often.