Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Walk Away the Pounds? Thoughts

Hello All!

I have limited space and neighbors wouldn't appreciate jumps around lol
So I purchased a Walk Away the Pounds DVD with Toning bands this morning at my grocery store! I want to do something and with snow and ice it's hard to walk outside. So I thought I'd give this a try! Anyone have any positive experience with this??

I'd love to hear what people think.

Thanks!

Replies

• amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    I personally haven't used the walk away the pounds, but some of my MFP friends have and have found great success.
  • It's harder than you may think it will be. Get heavier weights/ankle weights once it starts to get easy. :)
  • kickinmom
    kickinmom Posts: 24 Member
    I like them. But I found I outpaced them easily. I see people can lose a lot of weight with them, but that wasn't the case with me.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    I love WATP dvd's. I use them if I can't get outside or to the Y. I think the time and miles go by quickly. Have fun!
  • Singr99
    Singr99 Posts: 1 Member
    I've used them in the past. I got bored pretty quickly, but if it's all you can do while it's cold & icy outside, it's better than sitting on the couch! I agree with the suggestion to get heavier weights as it gets easier.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Anything that gets you moving and burns calories above what you normally do in your daily routine is a good thing...
  • kismea
    kismea Posts: 45 Member
    I used the series many moons ago - I had the entire set - they were fantastic when I didn't want to hit the gym, or go for a run, etc. As the ONLY workout you will find it boring as heck very early in. As a few times a week they are a nice added bonus. Like others have said, if it gets you moving vs sitting on the sofa, do it. I really liked them :)
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    There are a bunch of her full length videos on YouTube as well, if you find you like them.
  • salobrau
    salobrau Posts: 38 Member
    Check out your local library. Ours has a huge variety of yoga, walking, aerobics dvds to check out for free. If you don't like it, at least you didn't pay $ for it.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Yes walking can work. After you lose the pounds you do have to tone/recomp that is what I am currently working on. Good Luck on Your Journey
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,310 Member
    I like Leslie Sasonne. I have one of her DVDs and I've also done a few of her Youtube workouts at work. Although they aren't my favorite workouts, they are great when you can't get out of the house and need to get moving.
  • samhynes7469
    samhynes7469 Posts: 23 Member
    i have 2 small chilldren so its hard for me to find time.... i really like the 5 min walk work outs, they are low impact, but you can exaggerate your movements and get a better work out.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I like to do those workouts sometimes. It isn't the only exercise I do but they are easy to follow and a decent workout.
  • gantzgirl87
    gantzgirl87 Posts: 25 Member
    After a while her DVDs get annoying, but when I first lost weight (75lbs) I did it using just her DVDs and diet. I did gain half of that back after my mom passed, but that's another story. I do think the DVDs are a great supplement for days when you don't feel like going anywhere just to keep moving.
  • Ribbittee
    Ribbittee Posts: 54 Member
    I'm using these now and I'm having some success. I have a few of them and rotate the workouts, but they're basically all the same. When I get tired of the chatter, I simply turn off the sound ;)
  • kbhmmom
    kbhmmom Posts: 15 Member
    I have used the 3 Mega Miles DVD with the exercise bands for 2 years now, coupled with walking outdoors when I can and an occasional Gazelle workout tossed in. My daughter uses the 5 Mega Miles for cross-training when she trains for half-marathons. While I haven't had a huge loss of weight (due to my own food consumption decisions), I have lost 20-25 lbs gradually, kept it off during that time, and I have seen definite body shape changes that I don't see from just walking. Boring? Yes, but I like something mindless for the most part. I also use that time to decide what I'm going to wear to work, what's for dinner, etc. and the time goes by fairly quickly. I did just last night look at her website to see if there is anything new that I would be interested in and see that she has added HiiT to her new DVD's. Has anyone tried those?
  • girlyfied
    girlyfied Posts: 10 Member
    I struggled and struggled to create an exercise routine until I found WATP. It's what got me exercising on a regular basis. I like Leslie and her very upbeat personality a lot.

Another suggestion for indoor walking is Jessica Smith. She has DVDs, downloads and a YouTube channel with lots of walking workouts (and non-walking workouts). Search for JessicaSmithTV. She's awesome.