5:2 newbie

Options
Hello everyone! I've only done a week on the 5:2 diet so far but I've lost 4lbs already! I'm aiming to lose around 45lbs in total. The fast days have been a bit of a struggle but I'm pleased I've stuck to it.
I've heard there are slight variations to it, I fast for 24hrs then I break the fast with a 500cal meal. Is that what other people do too? It would be nice to make some 5:2 friends!

Replies

• princesskiren
    princesskiren Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi I started the 5:2 last week on the 6th and I lost 5 pounds in a week! I've heard the diet should be between 36 hours! For example if your last meal was at 1900 yesterday you can eat again 0700 tomorrow morning. Does that make sense? X
  • shay7227
    shay7227 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been looking in to this diet because I seem to be having a really difficult time with only have one cheat meal a week. I am also looking to lose 45lbs also by 06/01/15. I would definitely like some friends on here who are also on the same diet. feel free to add me.
  • _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow more power to you... i barely make it 5 hours w/o food! Good luck!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting

Hi guys, do come and join us in this 5:2 group - we have lots of friendly people with tips, recipes, and support!