1PM and you only have 300 calories left for the day. How would you spend them?

Options

Replies

• ashleighpashlyy
    ashleighpashlyy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Go work out and earn some extra wiggle room.

YES B)
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Ride bike for an hour and eat normal dinner. Or, just let it go into the red for one day. Or just be hungry for one night. No big deal.
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Me? I would eat:

a HUGE BOWL of zucchini noodles (or spaghetti squash) with low sodium tomato sauce & mushrooms! I'd drink a sparkling water with a dash of pure cranberry, pure blueberry, and a dash of lime. o:)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    And look at it this way: Let's say you have a 1lb/week rate of weight loss. That's a 500/day calorie deficit. So if you go over one day and eat at maintenance, the worst that will happen is that it will take you 1 day longer to reach your goal weight. Really not a big deal as long as it's just once in a while and not all the time.

By the way, I think this is why some people find it easier to lose weight than to maintain their loss. If you're eating at a deficit, the occasional extra calories will still put you at or under maintenance. If you're eating at maintenance and you go over occasionally, you'll gain.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    3\4 pound of grilled chicken breast. About 330 calories.
  • caresshudson
    caresshudson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me? I would eat:

a HUGE BOWL of zucchini noodles (or spaghetti squash) with low sodium tomato sauce & mushrooms! I'd drink a sparkling water with a dash of pure cranberry, pure blueberry, and a dash of lime. o:)
    Girl!!!? ? I love this! you need to be my nutritionist!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I agree with the exercise... go and get you some of that... about a 1 hour walk, jog, run, crawl, hike, bicycle ride... THEN have a balanced dinner... (extra protein). Tomorrow is another day... also IF you take a longer view of your diet and exercise plan... you can "average" down to make up for today's excess... so.. go over today... and reduce for the next few days so your weekly allotment.. shows up as a deficit. it's all about the math... learn to work it in your favour and you won't be stressed by the odd lapses that WE all incur
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    My favorite low cal dinners are stir-fry (no rice or measure 1/4 - 1/2 cup of rice) And taco salad. Weight the cheese skip the sour cream and use taco bell sauce or hot sauce on the salad.

Or go for a walk :)
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd either work out for about 30 minutes for some extra calories or make a turkey sandwich & some fruit and be a little over for the day.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    1) work out
    2) have a salad with vinegar or lemon juice for lunch
    3) Call it good and eat light meals for lunch and dinner, plan to go slightly under for a day or two.

This is why I consider my count to be weekly, not daily. I stuff myself with reckless abandon on special occasions, other nights I get that "you might not be eating enough" message even though I'm feeling satisfied. I figure as long as I balance the two, I can claim success. My scale agrees so far.
  • hebro10
    hebro10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd go over my limit. Someday's you are just hungry. Make smart choices.
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I would workout so I could eat more.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Exercise to earn some more calories! If you burn say 200 or more...then you can have a 400 cal dinner and 100 cal snack! Or, go light. Sometimes I'll just eat some fat-free Greek yogurt with juice sweetened fruit jam. Delicious, and helps to fill the void. Also, drink lots of water. If I'm really hungry...a diet soda will help make me feel *fuller*.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Look at calories on a weekly and not daily basis. It's okay to be a bit over on some days and a bit under on other days as long as you are achieving your overall weekly deficit. Real life happens.

Having said that, try not to get into the habit of "borrowing" calories from later days in the week too much. That's how people get into bigger and bigger amounts of debt. It's like money; cash flow management is fine, but borrowing against next week's paycheque is just a dangerous habit.

+1

And I would exercise. If you can't exercise, go into your MFP goals and see what your maintenance calories are. Eat up to that, log it, and move on.
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Soup and a bagel
  • tbullucks2006
    tbullucks2006 Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was planning to get a workout in to gain some more calories. Thanks everyone!
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Eat as normal, squeeze in a workout and try to do better tomorrow.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Baked/grilled fish and some steamed veggies. Done with room to spare.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner, log it and move on.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Depends on you daily goal. If you are a 1200 cal person, you have set yourself up to experience this frequently as it breaks down to 400 cal per meal or 300 breakfast/100 snack + 300 lunch + 100 snack + 300 dinner/100snack.

Even if you are on a higher cal allotment, their will be days I call "hungry days" I am just ravenous. maybe from too big a deficit early in the week, maybe from a tough workout, but no amount of food seems to satisfy me. On days like this I allow myself to go over, but only to maintenance and only with good foods, no junk.

Just my opinion, but have a healthy protein filled dinner for around 500-600 calories and go to bed satisfied and ready to face tomorrow.