Avocado opinions

Options
What an odd subject.. I love those dang things. But they have lots of fat. I know it's healthy fat, but it's still fat. My question is, how often would you think they should be eaten? I could eat them everyday but obviously that's not a great idea.

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I eat them almost everyday!! They're so yummy by themselves or eaten any other way!! :blush:
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Avocados = YUM.

Eat them whenever you like. IIFYM.
  • clf1284
    clf1284 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Earlier this week I sprinkled some slices with mrs dash onion and herb seasoning and popped them in the oven for about 20 minutes. Heavenly
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Fit them into your calories - macros and you're set!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - I eat them all the time. Fat doesn't make us fat, too many calories do. Fit them into your goals, they are great for you! I lost the weight and dropped to a size 4 eating heaps of avocados. Yum yum.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    When I find them for $0.49 @ Aldi, I eat them daily.
  • faberallison
    faberallison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love avocados. I eat a part of one daily. I budget my cals around avocados. They are my favorite food
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »

For some reason, my Aldi here in Kansas always has them for ridiculous prices. They're 29-cents this week here and I'm stocking up!

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I eat them daily in the non-winter months...I don't eat as many sandwiches/salads in the winter time...
  • clf1284
    Options
    Well, now I want to run to the store and get more!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    clf1284 wrote: »
    What an odd subject.. I love those dang things. But they have lots of fat. I know it's healthy fat, but it's still fat. My question is, how often would you think they should be eaten? I could eat them everyday but obviously that's not a great idea.

I say if you want them every day, eat them every day. I want some now.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    $0.49/avocado? I'm jealous. I rarely find them for less than $2 apiece 'cause we have to import them from Mexico.
  • clf1284
    Options
    I don't even remember how much I paid the last time I bought them. It was a rare week when I didn't have to budget every penny while grocery shopping!
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Sigh... I wish I could eat them but even a small amount causes me stomach pain. Bummer because i really like them
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

I ate 1 per day and lost 171lbs... just have to count the calories from it ;).
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »

For some reason, my Aldi here in Kansas always has them for ridiculous prices. They're 29-cents this week here and I'm stocking up!

Wow that's good! I like when the bananas go for .29 too! Long live Aldi!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Love avocados!! Ate half of one for breakfast on some toast. Mash with salt, pep, red pep flakes. Topped with arugula and tomato. If you want to really indulge a splash of EVOO and some good balsamic. *drools*

They are great for salads because you don't need dressing. Just a small amount of EVOO/balsamic and the avocado breaks down and mixes into creamy goodness.

I am so trying them in the oven like you mentioned.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

I eat them just about every day. 1 small or 1/2 big one.

Usually they're for salads but I'll happily put some s&p on and eat one with a spoon.

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I have about 1 or 2 a week.
  • jc93230
    jc93230 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sliced, seasoned, and on the George Foreman!