Help me make a 300 or 350-calorie omelette!

Options
13»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I'd add onions and spinach.
  • Linzer140fit
    Linzer140fit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For me....a dollop of sour cream and salsa on top. Sounds weird I know but I love this on my omelettes or scrambled eggs.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    soidade wrote: »
    So, I'm trying to come up with an omelette that's under 300-350 calories. (Please don't say "why 300-350 calories?" I have my reasons, but I don't want to argue!)

At the moment, I have:
    Two large eggs - 187 calories
    1/8 cup shredded cheese - 43
    1/2 cup mushrooms - 10 calories

For a total of 240 calories.

What else can I add to make it flavorful/filling for 60-110 more calories? No dessert/fruit stuff, please!

I would love that with some onion and make green pepper.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    More cheese
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The Insanity nutrition guide has a recipe in it for a 300-350 calorie omelet. 2 whole eggs + 3 egg whites + a cup spinach leaves + 1/4 cup feta cheese.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I really want to know why. It's such a bizarre request given that OP clearly knows how to count and how to cook.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Two servings of Egg Beaters=60 calories
    one serving of Black Forest Ham=60 calories
    1/4 cup chopped spinach=5 calories
    1/4 cup diced tomatoe=20ish calories
    1/4 cup sliced mushrooms=20ish calories
    diced onions, peppers=20ish calories
    1/8 cup shredded cheese=50ish calories

Omelets under 300 calories? Yeah totally doable!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    yes! avocado and salsa. or bell peppers and cream cheese. or whatever meat you love. Lots of ways to dress it up. You could try sneaking a peak at a breakfast-restaurant menu to see what types of omelettes they offer.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I just made an eggcellent little omelet.

Butter, eggs, and chives.

Cooked in the french style, and then a little lawry's season salt on the top once on the plate. Because 'merica.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    For me....a dollop of sour cream and salsa on top. Sounds weird I know but I love this on my omelettes or scrambled eggs.

Not weird at all, me and my husband both will eat omelettes that way, though now we both use a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream, mainly because we generally only have Greek Yogurt on hand nowadays. :)

• candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Green onions hands down is my favorite addition to omelets for flavor. We also add turkey bacon to ours and bell pepper. The turkey bacon is yummy- not as yummy as real bacon but much lower in sodium, fat and calories. Sometimes I change it up and do a spinach, mushroom and feta omelet.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I use 3 egg whites and usually saute up either kale or spinach and add that to the egg whites along with 1/4 cup of feta cheese. Sometimes I'll add sauteed mushrooms or sprinkle some franks hot sauce on the top. One of the best omelets to eat and loaded with proteins!!