reccomendations for belly and legs

Options
anyone have some good reccomendations for flattening your stomache and extremely toning out my inner and outer thighs my weak zones !!!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I swear by kickboxing for the inner and outer thights---cant help you with the belly-as that is my issue too-but is significantly smaller just from losing weight and doing some exercise.
  • clloy
    clloy Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm currently obsessed with hula hooping as a fun in-home workout.
  • purroxide
    purroxide Posts: 27
    Options
    It's extremely difficult to flatten out your belly from what I've been told, so try watching your sodium content so you retain less water. I don't know exactly which exercises target the lower abs, so hopefully someone else can fill you in!

As for inner & outer thighs, the stationary bike and x cross trainer have worked wonders on my legs. Also, walking lunges and squats. You should also look into stretches that help you with the splits because the muscles your use for the splits are your inner thighs. Sitting on your bum with your legs straight apart to the sides (straddle sit), try to touch your toes on one side with both hands, keeping your feet stretched (don't grab your toes and pull them back!). Repeat this on the other side, then stretch your arms out in front of your body as far as you can, trying to get your tummy on the ground, and hold for 10 secs. Repeat each of these at least 5 times each. You should get further each time.
  • wide_rider
    wide_rider Posts: 6
    Options
    Get a medicine ball, maybe 5lbs, and a small resistance band. Put the band around your ankles, bend your knees, and hold the ball out in front of you in both hands. Now, step sideways, putting tension on the band, squat halfway down, then twist slowly as if you are offering the ball to someone on your right, then on your left. Return to center, take another sideways step. Repeat this 10-15 times moving in each direction.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Your diet has to be super clean (80% of your results), do your cardio and strength training and you will see the difference in your belly.
    For your legs you can do lunges and squats and you can get the resistance bands (booty bands) for your inner thighs.
  • lrh769
    lrh769 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Walking is probably the BEST and FASTEST way to slim your tummy. I combine an hour of walking with a 30 minute Carmen Electra workout and my tummy is tighter and flatter in just three weeks! For the thighs and legs, I do "Leg Slimmer and Toner" which can be found on www.exercisetv.tv for free. It is a Pilates workout that seriously burns your butt, inner thighs, and outer thighs! I feel like I'm dying sometimes but the results are well worth it and the video is only ten minutes so you can do it anytime during the day! I hope this helps a bit and good luck reaching your goal! We all need to support each other!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands (mentioned above) are AWESOME. Otherwise pilates and zumba are both going to hit those spots pretty hard. I've lost a ton off my thighs running.
  • fadedflower79
    fadedflower79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Your diet has to be super clean (80% of your results), do your cardio and strength training and you will see the difference in your belly.
    For your legs you can do lunges and squats and you can get the resistance bands (booty bands) for your inner thighs.

Angel 1029, I want my belly to look like yours but I'm new to living healthy!! What is your definition of eating "clean?" I'm wondering if my diet that I've been following for about a week is what will help me get there!
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to read your recommendations, because these are my trouble zones!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

Angel 1029, I want my belly to look like yours but I'm new to living healthy!! What is your definition of eating "clean?" I'm wondering if my diet that I've been following for about a week is what will help me get there!

yep, i am 'envious' of your belly :blushing: Would like to know the clean eating...I am thinking more veggies, and natural foods? Thanks for the good advice:smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

eating clean simply means cutting out the processed foods, white flours, white sugars; it also means eating lean meats, good fats, complex carbohydrates.

I.E. veggies, lean meats (like chicken breast, turkey breast and NOT cold cuts, fish, egg whites, lean beef cuts), whole grains, some fruits, nuts, some oils (EVOO and coconut oil come to mind).
    Things to avoid, white flour products, pre-made dinners (that includes the diet meals like lean cusine and weight watchers), white pastas, foods with added sugars...etc.

This sounds hard, I know, but it's not as bad as it sounds, you can make some excellent dinners with no processed foods. I make a big thing of chilli every week and freeze individual servings to take to work, and I have a giant salad with tons of veggies and 1 egg (yoke included) almost every single day.

It's fine to indulge something you like every once in a while though, maybe once every week or two have a meal that you normally would consider bad, or have that treat that you have wanted all week. As long as this is a treat and something you consciously do instead of mindlessly do, it's fine.

Be warned though, if this is not how you've been living, this is a big change, it'll be hard at first. It DOES get easier, and if you do it right, the results will be fantastic, I promise.
  • KristiGuard
    KristiGuard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands (mentioned above) are AWESOME. Otherwise pilates and zumba are both going to hit those spots pretty hard. I've lost a ton off my thighs running.

I just started running. I started Couch to 5k this week and I am hoping it does some good for the thighs!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges.
  • meidson
    meidson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Walking and/or running are the best exercises to trim belly and thighs.:happy:
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Run Run Run..............wait for it..... RUN! :noway:
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    Run Run Run..............wait for it..... RUN! :noway:

I CAN'T RUN, well i can that's no excuse. but i am so horrible at it, it's just not my fortay i'm better at walking at brisk paces then actually running
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    buuump