Back at it..again. Looking for friends

Options
I've fallen off the wagon....again. And I'm back on it, again. I need this to be the time I stay on it and continue to progress. My best friend is getting married in May (and I'm officiating), and I'd really REALLY like to lose a noticeable amount of weight by then, and continue to lose after that. I find that I'm making changes to my diet, but then don't stick to them for more than a week or two.

I have been good at signing in to MFP and logging my food, usually. I'm noticing though, that I don't spend as much time on MFP anymore because my friends list seems to have depleted - many of them don't sign in much anymore, and most people don't post anything. So basically all I see on my feed are bunch of notices that so-and-so lost a pound, or ran 3 miles, etc.

All are great things, but I would really love to have some friends on my list who log in each day, and are active posters on MFP. I'm looking for people to help me stay focused on the goal, and stay motivated and inspired, as well as give tips on sticking with the healthy eating and getting to the gym. I will happily return the support and motivation!!

With all that said, can we start a chain of people looking for new, motivated friends, and all friend each other!?

Replies

• rsmith654
    rsmith654 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for much the same. Need to lose about 100 lbs. I work out 3-4times a week. I just can't seem to stay eating healthy. Maybe some friends on here will help keep me in line.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Welcome again! I hope that you find that continuous motivation. I know that it's hard when you don't have a newsfeed
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP, but I tend to track everything, every day and to be very active.

I lost 92 pounds, but my weight has crept up a tiny bit lately so I am very focused right now on moving back in the right direction. Will see if I can add you...
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    absolutely...we all need support & motivation. the more accountable we are, the better. I will send you a request.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who has sent me a FR so far!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Azul - fantastic loss!! The good news is, you know you can lose that weight again :smiley:
  • kmbrvt99
    kmbrvt99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on here everyday (almost 1000 days) I will like or comment on your activities. Do I post blogs on here, no, but I'm here and will continue to be here =) Anyone looking for friends feel free to add.
  • JayMann2015
    JayMann2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a regular checker-in-er too. Welcome back and keep at it. Keep visualizing that wedding and how great you're going to look. Remember "nothing tastes as good as being fit feels" (a modified Kate Moss quote). Good Luck LE
  • cdross128
    Options
    I am looking for the same! I just got back on track myself and would love to connect with others to help motivate me :smile:
  • LadyElby
    Options
    I'm a regular checker-in-er too. Welcome back and keep at it. Keep visualizing that wedding and how great you're going to look. Remember "nothing tastes as good as being fit feels" (a modified Kate Moss quote). Good Luck LE

So true, so true! Thanks Jay. I think about that wedding every day, and stress about it as much as I look forward to it. :neutral_face:
  • nosweetpea
    nosweetpea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    more friends the better! I just got back a week ago and could use all the friends I can find
  • babbyb1
    babbyb1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You all can add me! I need to get my butt in gear.
  • MaggieMatos
    Options
    Sign me up. I just joined MFP community in earnest (had an ID a couple of years ago that I never used). I've been checking in every day a few times a day for two weeks. I joined because the Universe told me it was time to lose weight in the form of my two very active daughters, my daughters and a trip to Disney world where I found myself tired long before the children.

I look forward to hearing from you and making new friends. :)
  • Borndeva
    Borndeva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm IN too guys! I am on a 10 week fitness challenge and need all the motivation I can get. I'm down 13.8 for my first week and feeling really good about my accomplishment. LadyElby I'm here for you. Shooting you a FR now!
  • LadyElby
    Options
    Hey Maggie, that's a great message from the Universe. Gotta love the little ones, and all their energy! Sending friend request now!
  • LadyElby
    Options
    Borndeva - 13.8 lbs in a week!? Wowwee!!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Yep--I've already re-lost 5 pounds.

I've got some tough medical challenges that mean I have to be VERY strict to lose or maintain...but I can do that. Most of the time. :)