What are you NOT going to miss when the weight comes off!!

Options

Replies

• lpatriquin
    lpatriquin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    -I won't miss the looks I get from people when they see me for the first time in a while and realize, wow, she got fat again.
    -I won't miss sucking it in to zipper my coat and praying the zipper doesn't bust if I move the wrong way.
    -I won't miss feeling embarrassed and awkward at the gym being around all these lean and fit people.
    -I won't miss constantly feeling like I have to adjust my clothes somehow thinking people won't notice my fat rolls.
    -I won't miss feeling super self conscious being naked or even in my underwear around my husband.
    -I won't miss feeling like I'm going to throw up and getting short winded just putting on my sneakers to work out.
    Nope won't miss these things one little bit!
  • jazzxdaisy
    jazzxdaisy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i won't miss the awkward sitting poses i pull to avoid my tummy being seen.
    or the inability to keep tights up! xo
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    i won't be missing my moobs. One of my main weight loss motivators.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm not huge (UK size 14, US10) but I miss my pre-pregnancy size and I won't miss feeling self-conscious and I won't miss the muffin top in my jeans.

I feel like this is me. I don't have any kids, but I'm not that big either, a size 8. But I won't miss the muffin top at all.

• GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am not nor was never huge (got up to a UK size 14 as well), but nonetheless...

- thighs rubbing against each other in summer
    - feeling rolls when I sit down or lie down, in positions where I used to never have rolls (nothing against rolls per se, everyone, even the thinness, have some of those, but I personally found them uncomfortable the minute they appeared)
    - not fitting in my jeans
    - jeans breaking due to thighs rubbing
    - having to adjust tight dresses so you could not see the bulge around my hips
    - those weird micro love handles

What I already don't miss:

- that slight bulge my stomach made on clothes that were supposed to be worn loose (gone! :D)
    - muffin top in my back with bandeau and bustier clothes (almost all gone! :D)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My love handles.

My tight clothes.

• rachelalexis23
    rachelalexis23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For some reason this is the post that has made me the most motivated. This is the one that has made me cry.

I won't miss weighing more than my husband ( shh he still doesn't know)
    I won't miss being too embarrassed to post pictures or use my face book account b/c I don't want anyone from high school to see me.
    I won't miss feeling awkward in front of my kids friends parents.

I know I will probably never look great in a two piece. But I'm tired of burning up all summer b/c I'm too fat for shorts. I live in tx!

I think I need to write this list down and put it on my bathroom mirror or better yet on the fridge.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    All of the above :|

I won't miss the way I think about myself because of my weight (I've got quite the negative view of myself because of it); I won't miss being insecure; I won't miss my anxiety attacks because of thinking that people laugh at me or look at me funny because I'm bigger than them. I won't miss my current self at all.
  • pepperdove
    pepperdove Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My shorts riding up between my thighs in the summer.
    The sweaty chafing
    Skin flopping over on my belly and touching other skin.
    My upper arms not being able to squeeze into sleeves.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I won't miss wearing my husband's t-shirts because mine are all skin tight.

I won't miss being the fat one in the family. Going through everything in my closet for family events and realizing, again and again, that it doesn't matter what I wear, I still look like crap.

I won't miss being embarrassed doing yard work in the front yard, sitting out while the kids run around.

I won't miss always comparing myself with others.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I won't miss:
    • being asked when I'm due
    • other people's kids telling me, "You're fat."
    • other people's kids asking me, "why are you fat?"
    • Looks from people when I walk into a restaurant
    • the seatbelt being too tight
    • the seat in the car being pushed back so far my feet can barely reach the peddles.
    • my belly not competing with the steering wheel
    • people telling me I sound winded after going up the stairs
    • looks when I go in the gym
    • my siblings and mother asking questions about what I'm doing to lose weight, and then wanting to go do the cabbage soup diet (you'd think that losing 77 pounds would give me SOME credibility)
    That's just for starters! LOL
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    cebreisch wrote: »
    I won't miss:
    • being asked when I'm due
    • other people's kids telling me, "You're fat."
    • other people's kids asking me, "why are you fat?"
    • Looks from people when I walk into a restaurant
    • the seatbelt being too tight
    • the seat in the car being pushed back so far my feet can barely reach the peddles.
    • my belly not competing with the steering wheel
    • people telling me I sound winded after going up the stairs
    • looks when I go in the gym
    • my siblings and mother asking questions about what I'm doing to lose weight, and then wanting to go do the cabbage soup diet (you'd think that losing 77 pounds would give me SOME credibility)
    That's just for starters! LOL

77lbs? That's bleeping awesome!!!! Congratulations on your massive effort!

• pgray007
    pgray007 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I won't miss:

- Man Boobs
    - Not being able to put my socks on without sitting down and using the floor as a "lever" to jam my leg into my gut so I can actually get the sock over my toes
    - Staring at my two beautiful Italian suits hanging in my closet, and mentally kicking myself since I can't wear them anymore since I got too fat
    - Dress shirts with distended wrinkles around the buttons in the "belly" area
    - Feeling like garbage at night when tossing and turning after eating way too much
    - Suffering from an acute case of "DickeyDoo" (when your belly hangs out more than your d***ie doo) :-)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Love handles - have not missed them in ages. ;-)
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Tendonitis, and my *kitten* knocking over random objects.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I won't miss:
    Being as slow as I am right now when running
    Chafing
    Feeling stuffed in my work pants
    Snoring as loudly as I do now
  • jacqbult
    Options
    I wish there were LIKE buttons! I would like and relate to all of these commentsexcept the Dickey Doo, which is a riot. I do have a Boob rest, it is my upper stomach. I won't miss two tummies one on top and one under with a distinct line between. Years of tight pants caused that I am sure LOL. I look at my list everyday and it helps me stay committed!!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    ~ I won't miss going to Lane Giant for clothes
    ~ I won't miss going to Menard's for clothes
    ~ I won't miss my back hurting so much
    ~ I won't miss feeling invisible
  • cheethnico
    cheethnico Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sweating in the sun because im too ashamed and self conscious to bear flesh
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    - Being concerned about fitting into seats (e.g. at an amusement park or flying)
    - Having a limited selection of places to buy clothes
    - Back and knee pain
    - Getting tired/winded way too easily
    - Being the "fat sibling" since my siblings have both lost lots of weight
    - Not liking what I see in the mirror
    - Being self-conscious