Oh NO!

Options
2»

Replies

• Saphira291
    Saphira291 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I actually just went to Olive Garden last night for the first time cause some friends invited us out haha.

They had a section of the menu that was like under 550 calories or something like that. It's actually got a decent amount of options on it. Personally I just went ahead and shared the tour of Italy with my husband and didn't worry too much about it. I'm just putting in some extra exercise and better eating today.

I say just go enjoy yourself
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Seriously, don't sweat it ... enjoy the time with your dad instead!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You have room in your day as you've already stated, so it's not an issue at all. You're having dinner with your Dad, enjoy that time with him.
  • farmmjb
    farmmjb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are going over the weekend. I just did a Google search of Olive Garden's Healthy choices menu and found three options under 500 calories. I'm planning ahead.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    surely they have at least a soup that's not too bad. Good luck !
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    surely they have at least a soup that's not too bad. Good luck !

Cause just soup out sounds like a fun dinner with Dad....
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    adge1475 wrote: »
    I go there pretty often, actually (seriously, once a week, it's my sister-in-law's favorite place), and I usually get the grilled chicken with a side of asparagus. No harm, no foul, move on.

Actually there was fowl!
    *ba-dum-ching!*

Sorry, I had to!

meltedsno wrote: »

I ALWAYS check out nutritional values at restaurants before going out to eat and I know ahead of time what I am going to have. If the restaurant doesn't have anything posted online, I don't go there. I find somewhere that I can go and enjoy myself without feeling guilty for "splurging".

That's depressing. It's pretty much only chains that post nutritional info online and if I was limited to the likes of Applebees & 99 for the rest of my life, I'd be a hermit.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    700 sounds pretty reasonable for a dinner to me.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    That's depressing. It's pretty much only chains that post nutritional info online and if I was limited to the likes of Applebees & 99 for the rest of my life, I'd be a hermit.

Agreed. Though we don't have those here and our local chains don't tend to post nutritional info either. Pretty much the only places that do are the American chains like McDonald's or KFC, which I haven't eaten in at least a decade and would be more than happy to never eat at again.

I think legislation is stricter in the USA and many states require restaurants to publish this info. But in the rest of the world, they trust our ability to look at a plate of food and not eat too much of it. (Also, portion sizes outside the US are much smaller in general.)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If it really bothers you, skip a meal the next day and suddenly, that 700 calories is equivalent to 350.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My normal thing there in the past was cheese ravioli with meat sauce. I just saw that it is 630 calories and I would totally order that again.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Plenty of options there that are pretty low calories.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Have a great time!