What do I eat???

Options
Having a hard time finding things to eat HELP ME =)

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Eat a balanced diet of foods you enjoy, and stay within your calorie limits.

What did you eat before you decided to lose weight?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat what you've always eaten, just less
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Eat what you've always eaten, just less

This is okay advice if the ONLY goal is weight loss, though depending on what you ate before you might it very difficult to lose weight. If all you ate were high calorie foods it could be hard to stay full on the small amounts needed for weight loss.

If health and fitness is also a goal, this could be bad advice, depending on what you've always eaten.

Calories are all that matters for weight loss. Nutrition is important for health and fitness.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Eat food
  • baldheadgirlsrock
    baldheadgirlsrock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have always ate a lot of fatty foods!!!!! Never really ate healthy but thanks guys I appreciate this :wink:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    I have always ate a lot of fatty foods!!!!! Never really ate healthy but thanks guys I appreciate this :wink:

Cut back on the fatty foods, but don't completely cut them out. Add more vegetables, fruits and other lower calorie nutrient dense foods. Balance, not deprivation, is the key to good nutrition.
  • baldheadgirlsrock
    Options
    Sounds great I will follow that!!!!! Thanks so much I was so confuse
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 393 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs, sardines, carrots, celery, cucumbers, roast chicken (no skin), cottage cheese (low-fat), yogurt (fat-free), tea, coffee, turkey/chicken sausage, lean beef, pork tenderloin, fish (broiled, blackened, or poached - not fried), ground turkey in place of ground beef, sweet potatoes, fruits, oatmeal, english muffins - I could go on but you probably get the picture. =)
  • baldheadgirlsrock
    Options
    Yes Yes I do thank you so very much :smile: I didn't know we can eat the sweet potatoes but I'm definitely going to get me one I love those!!!!!
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes I do thank you so very much :smile: I didn't know we can eat the sweet potatoes but I'm definitely going to get me one I love those!!!!!
    You can eat whatever you want. I know that sounds crazy, but there isn't anything inherently wrong with a sweet potato, or even a white potato (gasp!), just weigh it and log it.

Every time I have tried to lose weight by eliminating things from my diet, it backfired and I ended up stopping the diet and gaining back whatever weight I had lost. This time, I tried to keep to a reasonable calorie deficit and eat foods that I would want to eat for the rest of my life.
  • baldheadgirlsrock
    Options
    THANKS SO MUCH HUN!