Can my husband find my recipes?

Options
Sorry if this is totally in the wrong place... but if I input a recipe into the calorie calculator, is there a way my husband can find it from his account? He tried searching the exact name I gave it and cannot find it. Is there something I need to do on my end to make it public?

Replies

• rachelchase40
    rachelchase40 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I cant figure it out either. What I do is add the meal to my diary and tell him to copy it onto his. Then i delete it if i didn't eat it or keep it if i did
  • kari_selph
    kari_selph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When you write the recipe there is a check box you have to click that makes it public.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When I go to edit it, can I change it? I am not seeing it in the edit screen.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    When I first read this thread title, I thought for a second you didn't want your husband to find some recipes of yours...maybe because they're secret recipes. lol
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I imported a couple from url's the otherday. I don't recall seeing a public button. Not one either if I go to edit it.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Did you log it to your diary? He can view your diary (if you have it open) and copy the meal to his diary.

Loved it when I figured this out!
    Sorry if this is totally in the wrong place... but if I input a recipe into the calorie calculator, is there a way my husband can find it from his account? He tried searching the exact name I gave it and cannot find it. Is there something I need to do on my end to make it public?

• rachelchase40
    Options
    If you add a food and input the nutrition facts yourself, you can make it public but not for the actual recipes that you need calculated by MFP. It would be more work but you could make a new food with whatever recipe you already calculated and enter the facts and set that to public
  • candacefausset
    Options
    When I first read this thread title, I thought for a second you didn't want your husband to find some recipes of yours...maybe because they're secret recipes. lol

Bwahaha! That's funny!

• candacefausset
    Options
    Did you log it to your diary? He can view your diary (if you have it open) and copy the meal to his diary.

Loved it when I figured this out!

He only gets on MFP on his phone so I don't think he can copy the meal from there. We tried looking but couldn't seem to find a way. So I had to just sit there and tell him each item to add and the quantity for his portion size while he entered it manually. Total pain in the rear :(
  • rachelchase40
    Options
    My fiance only does it on his phone too. All he has to do is go to more (bottom right), click on friends, click on you, press the little diary symbol, press the little toolbar symbol next to the meal he wants to copy, and press copy meal to today
  • candacefausset
    Options
    My fiance only does it on his phone too. All he has to do is go to more (bottom right), click on friends, click on you, press the little diary symbol, press the little toolbar symbol next to the meal he wants to copy, and press copy meal to today
    Ahhh! So much easier! Thank you!

• rachelchase40
    Options
    You're welcome:)