newbie mom/grandma 47 years old.

Options
I have an excessively hard time losing weight. Even when eating right. It's so discouraging. Especially when I see my spouse looking at other women. I am 5'3" and weigh 173.. my goal is to get down to 110 where I was in high school. I am 47 now so that we quite a while ago.

Replies

• hfenton67
    Options
    Don't get so discouraged and don't be so hard on yourself. I too, am 47 years of age, am barely 5'2", am about to become a grandmother, and sorely miss the days when I only weighed 110 pounds. Although I miss being the girl who ate whatever she wanted and never weighed more than 110 lbs, I don't want to be 110 lbs again. That weight was perfect for me when I was 18 years old, but is far too little as a mature woman of 47 years whose body has gone through many changes.
  • snugbug48
    Options
    Thank you so much. It would be nice for my husband to see it that way too instead of checking out every other women in the room. I really do appreciate your support.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    5'3 3/4" 45 here - I don't think I'll ever be high school weight again (had a baby 20 years ago, grew boobs lol) but it would be nice to be a size 6 or 8 comfortably again...
  • snugbug48
    Options
    Ya when I lose weight I'm going to miss my big boobs too ! Lol but I will love to look nice in all my clothes again. Can't wait! I wish it could happen over night.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    well, lose that weight so your hubs keeps a good eye on you,,, that's what I did.
  • shara99
    shara99 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm very similar to you, 47 years old, 5'2", started at 160 but I'm now down about 6 pounds (from Jan 1). I was 105 in my early 20's. I don't expect to be 105 again but 120 would be nice! Add me if you'd like some support; I'd love a few new friends.
  • snugbug48
    Options
    well, lose that weight so your hubs keeps a good eye on you,,, that's what I did.

That was part of my plan! Lol
  • snugbug48
    Options
    shara99 wrote: »
    I'm very similar to you, 47 years old, 5'2", started at 160 but I'm now down about 6 pounds (from Jan 1). I was 105 in my early 20's. I don't expect to be 105 again but 120 would be nice! Add me if you'd like some support; I'd love a few new friends.

I'm not sure how to add friends