Chobani Yogurt

Options
Jimmyftw94
Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
what are your guys opinion on chobani Greek yogurt?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Indifference. Mostly because I'd rather spend my calories on a piece of meat than a container of yogurt. But chobani is fine.
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    its pretty good, I prefer dannon lite and fit but they are a great source of protein and probiotics.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    The Chobani coconut yogurt has been sent to us by the gods. It should be respected and cherished as such.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Love Chobani 100. Just ate a pineapple coconut one.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I prefer the taste of Yoplait. The Chobani with fruit in the bottom is pretty good though.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I love the coconut. I freeze it so it's like ice cream. And yes, I also eat ice cream:)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my favorite Greek Yogurt is the Great Value (Wal-Mart) Light No Fat Vanilla. 130 Calories and 18 g of protein. Out of all the brands/flavors (execpt plain) that I've tried, I like the taste best and it has - for Greek Yogurt - a great protein to Calorie ratio.

Of the "fruited" Greek Yogurts, I prefer Fage (it'll be interesting to see if MFP 2.0 allows that), but it tends to be more expensive than Chobani.

But Chobani is OK.
  • jdbrrw
    jdbrrw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on the "regular" Chobani with the fruit in the bottom...but the "Indulgent" flavors...amazing! I've only been able to find Mint & Dark Chocolate and Banana & Dark Chocolate at the stores here so far, but they are both great! They're 140 calories per serving, so having one of them with a banana for breakfast makes for great flavor without using up too many of my daily calories.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I like the 0% fat. I like chobani because they don't use artificial colors. I love black cherry and blueberry but almost every brand uses red dye #40 so I wasnt able to eat it. Not a fan of the simply 100. For me it is too sweet.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    We don't have Chobani in Canada so it's a real treat! Every time I go across the border I have to bring a bunch of it home for my friends and coworkers. I love the pumpkin one that you can only get around Thanksgiving.
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I see, I like the blueberry flavor.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Chobani is delicious! I add a Greek Yogurt to my breakfast every work morning (and some other mornings)... It is most often Chobani (they seem to have the most flavors to choose from), but I will stray, especially if it's a tight-budget week as the Chobani is a few cents more per container. I do prefer Chobani just because of the variety, though... Coconut, pineapple, and passionfruit are my favorites!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! My current favorite is the 2% Key Lime flavor. So darned yummy!!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm a larger fan of plain Danon Oikos Greek yogurt. It has the same amount of protein as Chobani but is lower in carbs and calories.
  • Dort68
    Dort68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Since the recall of Chobani last year and the serious case of c.diff my best friend suffered at the hands of the recalled Chobani, and the company's lack of response or concern for those they made ill with their contaminated yogurt, I no longer purchase Chobani. It's all Greek yogurt. I buy a different brand now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon Oikos much more as well. Love the Chobani flips though.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I love it. Especially the apple cinnamon steel cut oats flavor! I don't like the 100 calorie ones, though, they taste off to me.
  • faberallison
    faberallison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Fage and add my own fruit, but I do enjoy the Passion Fruit Chobani. Yum. I'll have to try the coconut. Sounds great!
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    trixieloo wrote: »
    The Chobani coconut yogurt has been sent to us by the gods. It should be respected and cherished as such.

Totally.
  • oxlisaxo91
    oxlisaxo91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really like chobani :) I eat the plain 0% one so I can add in my muesli and a dash of honey. Sooo tasty! It's my breakfast most mornings.