Anyone doing Dr. Oz's Total 10 weight loss plan?

Options
I'm on day 3 of the two week diet, hoping to get a good jump start to my weight loss.

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It's a scam.
    Just eat less and move more.
  • Danimalrunsagain
    Danimalrunsagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's a scam.

^^^Works for me. I tend to be pretty skeptical of anything Dr. Oz promotes. I consider him just another pitchman hawking the wares of the highest bidder.
  • zab12101
    zab12101 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's a scam.
    Pretty much he isn't even a nutritionist just speaking out of term in fields he has no say in
  • StephanieOugh2014
    StephanieOugh2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It seems pretty good. He says it's pretty much a cleanse to start eating healthier.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's a scam.

^^^Works for me. I tend to be pretty skeptical of anything Dr. Oz promotes. I consider him just another pitchman hawking the wares of the highest bidder.

YES and YES!!

• aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Didn't he recently get into some big trouble? OP, there's probably some better options out there. Actually if you read around here there are better options right here.

Good luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It seems pretty good. He says it's pretty much a cleanse to start eating healthier.

You do know that this charlatan was investigated by congress right...and people still listen to him? My mind is frackin' blown...

giphy.gif
  • aplcr0331
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

You do know that this charlatan was investigated by congress right...and people still listen to him. My mind is frackin' blown...

Damn, I knew he was in the news for something. Congress? Oh boy.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    A cleanse to start eating healthier...I don't even know what that means.
  • TrishBH
    TrishBH Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So how did you do, Jennifer? I'm on day 3 and like you am just using it as a jump start to eating healthier. Some friends at work were trying it and I wanted to try cutting out sugar, wheat, and dairy anyway. I had never made smoothies before as I never really cared for them but I'm actually enjoying these recipes and the turkey chili recipe is delicious.
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Tinabob777 wrote: »
    No, but I lost 56 lbs. on this awesome new revolutionary plan. CICO! It's super easy, and I didn't have to buy anything.

ETA- I did have to buy a food scale, but it pays you back in dividends!

Please share this information :)
  • aplcr0331
    Options
    TrishBH wrote: »
    I wanted to try cutting out sugar, wheat, and dairy anyway.

Ouch. Cutting out all three of those sure seems rough.

That totally kills my Chili recipe which calls for Brown Sugar and Cheese (and Sour Cream).

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    TrishBH wrote: »
    So how did you do, Jennifer? I'm on day 3 and like you am just using it as a jump start to eating healthier. Some friends at work were trying it and I wanted to try cutting out sugar, wheat, and dairy anyway. I had never made smoothies before as I never really cared for them but I'm actually enjoying these recipes and the turkey chili recipe is delicious.

There is no reason on Gods green earth to cut out sugar, wheat and dairy unless you suffer from specific medical conditions such as diabetes, celiac or lactose allergies

Please just eat whatever you want to a calorie defecit and ignore this weird tv bloke
  • TrishBH
    TrishBH Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    There is no reason on Gods green earth to cut out sugar, wheat and dairy unless you suffer from specific medical conditions such as diabetes, celiac or lactose allergies

Please just eat whatever you want to a calorie defecit and ignore this weird tv bloke

I'm just planning to do it for a couple of weeks and then add things back in moderation. I've apparently been out of control even through calorie counting and have managed to gain back 20 pounds in the past 2 years that I had lost the 2 years previous. Just trying to find the right combo that will work for me again and was curious about Jennifer's results thus far.

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Exactly.

The body really really like super really needs to cleanse itself to be ready to eat healthier.

But are people really ready to cleanse? This has been a problem that philosophers and theologians and Einstein even have wrestled with. Even Stephan Hawking. Read that somewhere.

No, first I recommend a pre-cleanse before a cleanse. A pre-cleanse prepares the body to do the full cleanse before eating better.

But not everybody is ready to do pre-cleanse, which is why I recommend pre-pre-cleanse. Best do a pre-pre-pre-cleanse if one can, before the pre-cleanse.

That's science. I am some guy who says so. On the internet.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Exactly.

The body really really like super really needs to cleanse itself to be ready to eat healthier.

But are people really ready to cleanse? This has been a problem that philosophers and theologians and Einstein even have wrestled with. Even Stephan Hawking. Read that somewhere.

No, first I recommend a pre-cleanse before a cleanse. A pre-cleanse prepares the body to do the full cleanse before eating better.

But not everybody is ready to do pre-cleanse, which is why I recommend pre-pre-cleanse. Best do a pre-pre-pre-cleanse if one can, before the pre-cleanse.

Where do I send the check?
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Exactly.

Reading this hurt my brain.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    *settles in with her corn dogs and tub of ricotta*

tumblr_m0hzhvB4Hx1r5xzspo1_250.gif

I lost 2 pounds this week. Please, tell me more about using a cleanse to lose weight.....
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Exactly.

I mean... This makes perfect sense to me. I'd give you my money. How do I prepare my body to prepare my body to prepare my body for eating clean? Instead of just washing my veggies in soap do I need to bleach them first?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    jenifique wrote: »
    I'm on day 3 of the two week diet, hoping to get a good jump start to my weight loss.

Dr. Oz? 2 week diet? Jump start?

rdj-laughing-o.gif