Things I am Lucky not to Like

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Soda and potatoes. I mean, they're fine and all, but I could live without them both. Mrs Jruzer and I joke that when we go out for dinner that she could get my potatoes and I could get her entree.
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    edited January 2015
    Soda.... but I do love juice! I was never allowed to drink soda when I was a kid, but we drank juice like it was water. Now I realize juice is just as bad... LOL

Ohh and I never really was a dessert person.. Some fruit and a little whip cream and I'm good...
  • tanowicki
    tanowicki Posts: 60 Member
    I don't hate but don't get cravings for potatoes, pizza or most cake (I make exceptions for carrot cake). I'm also not a huge bread person - I'll use it for sandwiches but ignore it the rest of the time.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    cauliflower

Why is this lucky?
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    tanowicki wrote: »
    I don't hate but don't get cravings for potatoes, pizza or most cake (I make exceptions for carrot cake). I'm also not a huge bread person - I'll use it for sandwiches but ignore it the rest of the time.

I do love bread. I wish I didn't!
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    salad dressing of any kind
    mayo
    tofu
    cottage cheese
    yogurt
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    I'm not a big sweet tooth, so though I don't dislike chocolate, I don't ever really crave it either. I can only eat sweets in small amounts too, and then I always want something savoury after.

As such, I don't really like soda. Even a lot of juices. No sugar in my coffee. I like water, and when I drink liquor, I don't like mixed drinks. Just give me a vodka on the rocks.

Chips, except for kettle cooked. I don't like anything too salty. I had a medical condition as a baby that made it so I couldn't process salt, and even though I outgrew it my mom was paranoid so I wasn't allowed to eat chips or anything very salty as a child. For some reason she thought Miss Vicky's chips were OK though, so I still love those.

I don't really like pizza. I'll eat it, but I'd choose a lot of other things first.

I hate McDonald's and most fast foods. They make me really sick. I'm convinced fast food burgers are made of milk. I'm lactose intolerant, and McDonald's burgers send me to the washroom faster than a glass of skim milk. Gross.

I feel I just named pretty much all junk food there, so yeah, I'm lucky I don't like soda, junk or fast food. I like real food. My weaknesses are breads and pasta and cheese (but the good stuff like blue Stilton or creamy brie). I can't buy blue or brie cheeses or French bread anymore because I can easily eat a whole baguette with a brick of blue, a wheel of brie and a bottle of red in one sitting. Then a big bowl of linguine bolognese with a fistful of freshly grated parmesan. Crap, now I'm salivating all over my keyboard.
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    edited January 2015
    ashleycde wrote: »
    I hate McDonald's and most fast foods. They make me really sick. I'm convinced fast food burgers are made of milk. I'm lactose intolerant, and McDonald's burgers send me to the washroom faster than a glass of skim milk. Gross.
    Have you had your gallbladder looked at/out? I used to have huge problems with all fast food and I thought it was my lactose intolerance, turns out I had a gallbladder full of rocks that would just get pissed when I ate fast foods.

Anyway, Foods I'm not a fan of:
    Cadbury Chocolate. I'm in Australia and there is so much of it every where, but I just don't like how creamy it is. Good not only because of calories, but because I just can't do the dairy. I also hate milk and creamy cheeses and have hated them since I was little so that makes it a bit easier to keep myself healthy.

Soda. I love Dr. Pepper- but again, I'm in Australia and Dr. Pepper is expensive and hard to come by. I don't really like any other soda, so I almost never have any.

Pasta is hit or miss. I only want it when I'm craving it- so it's good that I don't eat it all the time because I love making these thick calorie heavy sauces to go with them, but bad because when I do eat it, dear lord I go at it. :o

I also hate mayo, vinegar, chicken salt, and most salty things.

Honestly I feel pretty lucky that my greatest issue with my diet is portion control.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Crap, now I'm salivating all over my keyboard.

Haha, oops, sorry!
  • ClaireTonito
    ClaireTonito Posts: 31 Member
    I'm very happy to not like any biscuits that don't have chocolate on them. Even some of the ones with chocolate coating are horrible so only 2 or 3 types I like so simply don't have them in the house and make sure nobody else buys them! :smiley: So even though biscuit tin is full of various other types for other members of the household I have zero interest in them.

Mayo (apart from garlic mayo)
    Fast food burgers (make me feel ill)
    Salad dressings
    Bread (rare odd time I'd have beans on toast but that's about it)
    Any Cakes/Cupcakes etc (unless its chocolate fudge-then I'm gonna eat it!)
    Wine (it all tastes like vinegar to me)
    Beer (gives me sore tummy!)
    Cream (as in whipped cream-yuck)

Must remember to be thankful for not liking any of this stuff! :smile:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I like most foods but I guess I am lucky I just don't have a big sweet tooth. I can pretty much leave ice cream, cookies, etc at a small serving or not eat them at all. I also don't like drinking alcoholic drinks much. I know a lot of people struggle with those things bombarding them around holidays especially and that part was easy for me.
  • ashleycde
    duckykissy wrote: »
    Have you had your gallbladder looked at/out? I used to have huge problems with all fast food and I thought it was my lactose intolerance, turns out I had a gallbladder full of rocks that would just get pissed when I ate fast foods.

Ah, that's something to look into. Did you have a problem with fried foods as well, or just fast foods? I've only had a problem with fast food, or more specifically McDonald's. I know where my gallbladder is, and the pain for me is lower, more in my digestive track, as it is with my lactose intolerance. I've always had problems with severe gas pains from some foods, luckily inherited from both of my parents. I've had gastrointestinal pain so severe people have thought my appendix had burst on multiple occasions, but it always passes, and let's just say, I can feel the pressure releasing, which ever way it goes, so I know it's gastrointestinal.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Alcohol
    Donuts
    Marshmallows
    Sweetbread
  • ashleycde
    edited January 2015
    Crap, now I'm salivating all over my keyboard.

Haha, oops, sorry!

It's alright, I just made a nice BLT. Sorted myself right out.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Fried foods (especially french fries, never got the fuss)
    Soda
    Crisps
    Cake
    Dessert, any kind. I really don't like eating sweet stuff after a meal

Now if I could only add wine and gummy bears to that list I'd lose the weight in no time :p
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I'm glad I don't like Mcdonalds, KFC, Burger King etc. I just don't enjoy it at all so never eat at any of them. I'm also glad my children don't know they exist.
    I'm not a fan of Dominos either, although my husband is.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    I can take or leave cheese, potato chips, meat, all the crunchy salty snack foods. I do not hate them, but a bag of Lays will go stale with me before i finish it. I will have it for 2 months. I am OBSESSED with chocolate, any cracker or cookie, dried mango slices and protein bars. I am weird. I LOVE all nut butters too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I'm glad I don't like alcohol that much. I love pretty much all the high calorie stuff otherwise.
  • Fortunately I hate anything made by hostess and Little Debbie

I also hate mushrooms of any sort. I could never get passed that they are fungi and they just look gross

I was able to kick my Pepsi addiction

I'm learning to have a different relationship with carbs (pasta, bread, grains)

It's plenty of foods that I'm indifferent about:
    Mayo
    Alcohol (in general)
    Snack foods (except for a handful of chips now and then)

I'm a sugar-holic and I am not afraid to say it. Currently I am learning to have a better relationship but, there's just no substitution for chocolate or ice cream that is satisfying.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    cauliflower

Why is this lucky?

Because I would never entertain the thought that it would be fabulous in crusts, ice cream, or other monstrosities created thereof.