Is there a way to lose weight if I'm not exercising but I walk

Options
i eat healthy and I walk atleast 3 miles a day but I'm not losing any weight help ?

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Are you counting your calorie intake?

Do you log it here? So weigh every solid and measure every liquid?

And how much calories are you eating?

Weight loss is about eating less calories than you burn. ( Healthy is good and better to do but its all about deficit)
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yup, she's got it :) Calorie deficit is the only way. Log everything and make sure you stay at or under your calorie allotment for the day...you will lose then!
  • jessiebgc95
    Options
    I supposed to atleast eat 1700 calories per day but this made me gain so I reset it as 1200 and I been eating over that about 100calories and I'm still not losing weight
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Maybe with eating at a calorie deficit also try changing up your walks. Do bursts of high intensity walking for 30 seconds and 1 minute of walking regular. Changing it up may help. Also your body will get used to doing the same exercise all the time so I would suggest even going on YouTube and looking for some work out plans.

Hope this helps
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    I supposed to atleast eat 1700 calories per day but this made me gain so I reset it as 1200 and I been eating over that about 100calories and I'm still not losing weight

Are you weighing all your food and measuring all your liquids?
    Open your diary so we can look would help.

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    eat less, and be accurate, weigh everything. Dont eyeball or guess that plate of rice is only half a cup.

Be consistent, that is the key.
  • jessiebgc95
    Options

I don't measure my food I mostly eat thai food and but I just logged whats similar to what I eat
  • BWBTrish
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Than you cant be certain of what you eat and how much calories. My guess is that you eat more than you think and that is why you dont lose weight.
    You can also log Thai food :)

It comes all down to accurate logging and counting and eating in deficit.
  • jessiebgc95
    Options
    Yea I think I eat more than what I think I'll try to eat less and see
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    You can do it :)
  • jessiebgc95
    Options
    :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit is all that's necessary for weight loss.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I don't measure my food I mostly eat thai food and but I just logged whats similar to what I eat

You need to weigh your food using a food scale.
  • Relajuice
    Relajuice Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Walking is probably making you retain or gain weight. Its not an ideal exercise for someone who is in relatively good shape to lose weight. The exception to that rule is power walking. You can do some research on Google but if I were you I would stop walking and do some other form of exercise. Also look up HITT routines. Hope this helps.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Relajuice wrote: »
    Walking is probably making you retain or gain weight. Its not an ideal exercise for someone who is in relatively good shape to lose weight. The exception to that rule is power walking. You can do some research on Google but if I were you I would stop walking and do some other form of exercise. Also look up HITT routines. Hope this helps.
    Walking is going to make you retain or even gain weight? How can walking make someone gain weight or even retain it? I think the issue is that the person needs to correctly assess how much she is burning and not exceed that every day in calorie intake,so not overestimating how many calories are burned in the walk. I never heard of walking making someone keep weight on or gain weight.

Not everyone can do HIIT or other forms of intense cardio, and walking is a perfectly acceptable exercise.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

What?????
  • BWBTrish
    Options

Walking is an excellent start to get fit, and when you get fitter you van do more and more.
    Losing weight is all about eating in deficit. But for sure getting fit by starting to walk will help too.

I started walking and couldn't even do a half mile 3.5 months ago. Today i did 3.4 miles and jogged in my 60 minutes walking for 15 minutes. I do this 6 days a week now and lost almost 60 pounds since October ( which is of my changed eating habits) But i get fitter and fitter.

So yes! walking helped me!

• jessiebgc95
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?
    its open

• Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?
    its open

Looked at a couple of days and my advice is to get a food scale (15$). You are measuring in cups and unless it's liquid, that isn't going to be accurate. Start weighing and measuring, eat at a deficit and you'll lose.
    Also, walking is fantastic. Go get this!