One year of logging and 50+lbs gone. Lots of pics!!

Options

Replies

• sombrefawn
    sombrefawn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    NextPage wrote: »
    You really look wonderful and I have to say you have a great sense of style (clothes and make-up). Most people stuggle with how to dress the "new" them but you really nailed it. I'm quessing that you work (or are trained) in a design-related profession.

Thank you! I have always been in the photography/design/visual arts field. My love of fashion was there from the beginning but I find now it's getting easier to dress how I want and really curate my look. Plus-sized clothing manufacturers have come a long way style-wise, but getting out of plus-size and finding clothes that 'hang' appropriately for my new body is the best. at 238 lbs I was glad to just squeeze into anything. Several days I cried getting dressed in the morning and nearly decided to go to work in a bathrobe cause it was the only thing that fit! Ha!

• 3293green
    3293green Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations
  • ROBtheMFPmachine
    ROBtheMFPmachine Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • nikitad123
    nikitad123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are gorgeous (then and now)!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I too have just surpassed the 50 lbs lost mark. I regret having not taken pictures of me along the way. I have 35 more to lose. I did the first 50 in just over 5 months. I am 51, diabetic, and had to do something or plan on a short life span. I started at 236, and my goal is 150. Today my Dr took me off of Insulin injections because I have improved so much, I cannot tell you how significant this accomplishment is to me. I wish for us both continued success!
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    You look great. I love you eye makeup in the last face shot.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    *like*
  • Panda307
    Panda307 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So motivating and so fashionable in every pic! Thanks for sharing!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • Tljordan40
    Tljordan40 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Your make up on the Jan 10 picture is amazing!!!! Luv the eye make up gurl!!!!!
  • Mles10868
    Mles10868 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being such a good inspiration! 238 was my starting weight this year, and I'm 5'6"- I'm finding the amount I have to lose really really daunting. Great to see someone else who has had success in a year :)
  • sombrefawn
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Awesome job! I too have just surpassed the 50 lbs lost mark. I regret having not taken pictures of me along the way. I have 35 more to lose. I did the first 50 in just over 5 months. I am 51, diabetic, and had to do something or plan on a short life span. I started at 236, and my goal is 150. Today my Dr took me off of Insulin injections because I have improved so much, I cannot tell you how significant this accomplishment is to me. I wish for us both continued success!

No more insulin injections? That's so awesome! And congrats on a weight loss too! :)

• sombrefawn
    Options
    Tljordan40 wrote: »
    Awesome job. Your make up on the Jan 10 picture is amazing!!!! Luv the eye make up gurl!!!!!

Thanks! I love playing around with makeup. Gotta have confidence to wear that look out of the house though ;) Normally I tame it down a bit.

• happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your great results! Love you style!
  • Kasha98
    Kasha98 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job :-)
  • sombrefawn
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. I am really overwhelmed (in a good way!) with the positive vibes. <3
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Love your sense of style! Well done!
  • nycolepinkgirl
    nycolepinkgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • swansongzoso
    swansongzoso Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I hope I can have a story like yours in 1 year. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!