Is there a way to lose weight if I'm not exercising but I walk

Options
2»

Replies

• kaylabean92
    kaylabean92 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It looks like you've been logging for only 6 days. I've been logging for about 22 now, and I have lost maybe 1 lb. It's a slow process it seems! I would say just give it some more time :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Relajuice wrote: »
    Walking is probably making you retain or gain weight.

What a load of nonsesne.

OP its the same answer that you are eating more than you think so you are at maintenance. This is evident from the fact you arent losing.

Weighing is especially important for people who find themselves in this situation, you are just underestimating your food consumption and as a result you are not at a deficit.

Also get some friends with open diaries, preferably ones who have lost some weight as well, then you cna look at what they eat. If you are going as low as 1200, then you need to spend your calories wisely. You also havent been dieting long and had a sustained run at losing weight.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    The reason you aren't losing weight is inaccurate logging. Without weighing and measuring each ingredient and every tiny bit of everything, then it's just a guess. Your wasting your time doing this without weighing and measuring. get a food scale and start weighing everything
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Walking is probably making you retain or gain weight.

What a load of nonsesne.

OP its the same answer that you are eating more than you think so you are at maintenance. This is evident from the fact you arent losing.

Weighing is especially important for people who find themselves in this situation, you are just underestimating your food consumption and as a result you are not at a deficit.

Also get some friends with open diaries, preferably ones who have lost some weight as well, then you cna look at what they eat. If you are going as low as 1200, then you need to spend your calories wisely. You also havent been dieting long and had a sustained run at losing weight.

Indeed!

I do around 1200 calories ( a bit more now i upped it because of my exercising). And i eat as diverse as possible. I cook from scratch.
    I eat Meat/Fish/nuts/spices and herbs/veggies and fruit, than grains and pasta/potato in moderation.
    Further when i want a cookie or ice cream/pizza i will. But everything in my calorie allowance.

I weigh every solid food and measure all my liquids! Everything even herbs.
    Just to know how much nutrition i get.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Walking is probably making you retain or gain weight. Its not an ideal exercise for someone who is in relatively good shape to lose weight. The exception to that rule is power walking. You can do some research on Google but if I were you I would stop walking and do some other form of exercise. Also look up HITT routines. Hope this helps.

What th ... I ... I don't even ...

<boggle>