Chocolate cake in my fridge

Options
Maggieme66
Maggieme66 Posts: 3
edited January 2015 in Motivation and Support
i just had a birthday and my family got me a delicious chocolate cake. I of course had a piece on my birthday because I am a firm believer in enjoying your birthday. Anyways, it's now sitting in my fridge and I found that just knowing it was there, and I could have it anytime, somehow helped me not to indulge. Every night I went to bed thinking, " I didn't eat the cake!" I guess you can say this is reverse psychology!

Replies

• csflowers09
    Options
    Awesome job, I am not sure I would have that much will power right now. :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If it's something really moist like a chocolate mud cake you could wrap each piece up and freeze it for other times when you have spare calories. Otherwise maybe give at least half away to friends, work mates, neighbours?
  • cg737311
    Options
    Cut the cake into thirds
    And separate into different containers- then the can be treats instead of having it in one big container you are more likely to dish out more and or eat the whole thing---- that's prob what I would do' hehe
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    If it's something really moist like a chocolate mud cake you could wrap each piece up and freeze it for other times when you have spare calories. Otherwise maybe give at least half away to friends, work mates, neighbours?

Love the idea!
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That's great! Wish I had your willpower, if I had that cake in my fridge it'd be gone by now ;)
  • Maggieme66
    Options
    Well, the chocolate cake is gone, thank God for teenage boys, and I saved calories today for wine... is that bad?
  • Grapejuice2015
    Options
    That's not bad. A glass of wine is relaxing. The reverse psychology would not have worked on me. I would not have been able to sleep with a cake in the refrigerator. Sometimes, I cut birthday cakes up into slices and freeze them, but that still doesn't help because the cake is even better warmed up in the microwave. I'd like to get past this and say that I can trust myself with cake in the house. You did incredibly.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I've read some articles claiming you can strengthen your willpower by practicing what you did - having the cake around but not eating it.
    That's different from the standard advice that you should've gotten rid of something like that, lest you gorge on it.

As always, the key is probably to know yourself and not push it too hard. But push it some.