Whey Protein - Does it really help burn more fat?

Options
cloggsy71
cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
I have the free 'Ab Workouts' app on my iPhone. In the 'Foods' section there is a little write-up about Whey Powder...

It basically states 'People who drink Whey Powder before their workouts burn twice as much fat than those who drink Whey Powder after working out...'

I just wondered if there was any truth in this?

Do you use Whey Powder?

Replies

• dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hm... I'd love to know this as well... very interesting! Altho I drink my Whey Protein after my workouts LOL thought you were supposed to have carbs before workouts and protein after??
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this also. I have a small carb with a little protein pre workout. And make sure to have protein followig.

Will follow this thread. :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I try and avoid carbs right before my workout. I don't want my body using carbs for energy - I want it to use the fat for energy. I do drink protein shakes after I workout and occasionally before. I don't like having too much in my stomach when I workout or I'll throw up. Blech.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I recently started using Whey powder for breakfast, but not a regular basis. Bought a new blender and use the berry whey with frozen berries and milk. I was worried that it might cause me to starve before lunch time - and I usually do regardless of any breakfast. But it kept me full and felt good.

My husband lost weight over drinking whey powder shakes every morning a few year back. He has allergies to milk so he doesn't do this anymore. I wish he would. He needs to loose weight again.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i highly doubt that. it may be from contributing factors such as having increased energy but even still... doubt there's any credible scientific studies stating such.

i do drink it however. but not to burn fat ;)
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    At the gym, they have a poster up about this and it says to eat carbs, some protein and a little fat before a workout......Of course, I don't do any of that. Like the other person, I don't eat before my workouts so I can burn fat not the calories I just ate.....but that's just me.
  • scarecrow41
    scarecrow41 Posts: 116
    Options
    No.