Help with weight loss. (Any help is help even if harsh)

Options
So last year I tried everything I could to lose weight ! For at least 4 months straight without a pound of loss, with diet and exercise eating 1200 a day. My doctor suggested to increase calories and then do the 5:2 diet. This worked and i went from 12.10 to 11 stone.

At christmas time I put on a few pounds and now even though i'm back to exercising and eating under 1600 but putting weight on. Im now 11.5, somehow just keep increasing. I know it can't obviously be muscle weight. Im still doing 5:2 but scared to stop doing 5:2 incase I put on weight.

Ive been back on the diet for 3 weeks, I get really annoyed when people lose weight in their first few weeks and I dont, its hard to keep focused when you see no improvement.

Any help is help. Even if harsh. I dont think im eating well as I could so would just need some help.

Should I change my macros ? Try eat less carbs ? Cut all bad things from diet? Exercise more ?

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Your food diary shows evidence of some guessing - things like: half a packet of turkey thigh mince, 1 cup of chicken, 1 small egg coming in at 180 calories

If you're having trouble losing weight, it might be worth weighing your food out to get a really accurate idea of what you're eating. Just my initial thought.
  • lshand28
    lshand28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
  • lshand28
    lshand28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What I try to do is if I know how much calories my meal has then ill choose whatever meets those calories. So for example the 1 small egg at 180 calories must have been because I had two eggs = 180 calories. Is this a bad idea ? xx
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    lshand28 wrote: »
    What I try to do is if I know how much calories my meal has then ill choose whatever meets those calories. So for example the 1 small egg at 180 calories must have been because I had two eggs = 180 calories. Is this a bad idea ? xx
    Weigh your food and find correct entries in grams, preferrably those without asterisks, they are entered by the MFP team.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yep. Your food diary has to be as accurate as possible. Guessing is the reason you are not losing. You can buy a really nice food scale for $20 USD off of Amazon.