New to Insanity-Starting May 9th!

Options
So I did the Insanity Fitness Test today and I almost died! I don't know how I'm going to get through 60 days of this program but I'm sure going to try!

Insanity starts for me on May 9th! I'm going on vacation in the beginning of July so this is perfect timing to be in the best shape I can be! Who is with me?

Replies

• DarthBubbles
    DarthBubbles Posts: 138
    Options
    I will be starting it soon too...not sure when, I have myself all psyched out about it!
  • naddel02
    naddel02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    l was watching the dvd and i said lord be with me lol i plan to starting mines monday
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I just finished my last Fit Test last night. If you damn near died with the very first one, may Shaun T. have mercy on your soul because the very first routine after that is going to incorporate over half of those Fit Test moves. Lol.

Remember, proper form, breathe, push yourself as hard as you can, take quick breaks when you have to, try not to tap out on any of the routines, and most of all... have fun and GOOOOOOOD LUCK! Bwahahahahaha :devil:
  • zoecalleja
    zoecalleja Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey,
    Is this the 30 day shread? If so my mum is doing it and i have tried it... I nearly died too... lol got everywhere hurting me but I guess it is worth it.... :)
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Is this the 30 day shread? If so my mum is doing it and i have tried it... I nearly died too... lol got everywhere hurting me but I guess it is worth it.... :)

No, this is different than the 30 Day Shred. I have done that one and it was awesome!
  • BreeWilder
    Options
    I just finished my last Fit Test last night. If you damn near died with the very first one, may Shaun T. have mercy on your soul because the very first routine after that is going to incorporate over half of those Fit Test moves. Lol.

Remember, proper form, breathe, push yourself as hard as you can, take quick breaks when you have to, try not to tap out on any of the routines, and most of all... have fun and GOOOOOOOD LUCK! Bwahahahahaha :devil:

Yup! It's gonna be ugly! But I'm going to do it!
  • anubis609
    Options

Yup! It's gonna be ugly! But I'm going to do it!

I should add that I loved every minute of every routine. I'm a bit masochistic. =P
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You are going to love it! I am looking forward to starting up again but will wait until I finish CLX.
    You are going to do awesome!
  • BreeWilder
    Options
    I did it! First day done! Now I know why it is called Insanity. Because that dude is CUH-RAZY.
  • ElizabethOak
    Options
    I've done P90X and the first month of Insanity. I wasn't ready for month 2 and did P90X/Insanity hybrid for a while, but I'm ready to get back into it.....I've not used myfitnesspal much before....how are you logging your Insanity workout? i tried calling it Aerobics, high impact, but it only gave me 2/3 of the calorie burn count that my wrist heart monitor gave me...I'm getting my heart rate around 165-175 throughout the videos....any suggestions?
  • ElizabethOak
    Options
    Oh and Dig Deep my friends, you're gonna need every ounce of willpower you've got, but you'll feel so awesome when you're done! -ElizabethOak Independent Team Beachbody Coach (check me out on FB)
  • MamaGraves2
    Options
    I've done P90X and the first month of Insanity. I wasn't ready for month 2 and did P90X/Insanity hybrid for a while, but I'm ready to get back into it.....I've not used myfitnesspal much before....how are you logging your Insanity workout? i tried calling it Aerobics, high impact, but it only gave me 2/3 of the calorie burn count that my wrist heart monitor gave me...I'm getting my heart rate around 165-175 throughout the videos....any suggestions?

I just log it under "create a new exercise" and log what my HRM says.
  • MamaGraves2
    Options
    I did it! First day done! Now I know why it is called Insanity. Because that dude is CUH-RAZY.

My favorite part is when Shaun says "this sh&% is BA-NA-NAS" after one of the workouts. Love it! Good job mama!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

My favorite part is when Shaun says "this sh&% is BA-NA-NAS" after one of the workouts. Love it! Good job mama!

I love that quote too. I think its on the pure cardio DVD he says that.

To the OP you are going to love and hate every minute of it! One thing I would recommend is that you take measurements now, halfway and at the end. i didnt actually lose any weight (maybe 3 pounds) during the program so far but I have lost 9 inches over all!
  • BreeWilder
    Options

To the OP you are going to love and hate every minute of it! One thing I would recommend is that you take measurements now, halfway and at the end. i didnt actually lose any weight (maybe 3 pounds) during the program so far but I have lost 9 inches over all!

I took new photos, weighed and measured this morning. And I'm doing zig-zagging now too. So I'm VERY interested to see how it goes. The craziest thing I noticed today is how much ENERGY I have. I mean, bouncing off the walls energy. I was literally going until about 7:30 tonight and didn't feel tired a bit.
  • charli914
    charli914 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ahh! My husband and I started this tonight! And I totally agree, the fit test kicked my butt... It's going to be interesting!! I'm excited and scared of it at the same time. I'm assuming I won't get the quickest results myself because I'm asthmatic and I pushed myself a bit too far on the fit test, so I need to be a bit more careful in the future. We're getting up early and doing the first workout, I'm stoked. Good luck to all!!
  • BreeWilder
    Options
    Day 3 DONE! My legs are SO sore. But I'm DIGGING DEEP!
  • anubis609
    Options
    In one of the routines in the 2nd phase/month, you hear him pant out the words: "I cant...believe...it's possible..." Bwahahaha!
  • BreeWilder
    Options
    Loved Cardio Recovery. The stretching felt amazing!
  • BreeWilder
    Options

It IS Pure Cardio he says that. That's what I did today and he is RIGHT. This #&%@ IS bananas.