Was fine and now..

Options
Rain_253
Rain_253 Posts: 26 Member
I don't get it the first couple days of my diet I was doing fine. Well, today is like my 3rd day. I am feeling so hungry and can't figure out why. I just finished filling out my food for today and was fine on everything else but went over a little on my carbs. Now course I'm upset. I don't know maybe I shouldn't be. Is this normal to be going through all this? I guess is why I'm posting this. I've dieted before and always seem to give up. I don't want to this time. I want to be strong. It's just hard.

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're eating enough? Sometimes our bodies will tell us (by being hungry) that we aren't eating enough.
  • JJ_27
    JJ_27 Posts: 19
    Options
    Don't give up. try not to be upset. You're doing really well. think about the fact that you have done so well for the first few days - that's great. some days will be harder than others but just stick with it.

some of the things i try when i feel like eating but feel i dont really *need* to. Delay eating by 15-20 minutes

- have a warm bath
    - phone a friend
    -have some peppermints
    - drink a glass of warm water
    - email someone
    - read posts on this site

if after 15-20 minutes i still feel really hungry i give myself permission to eat something. i dont go overboard but i try not to feel bad about it.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Some days are just harder than others! Are you hungry (your stomach hurts) or do you just want to eat? I have trouble distinguishing between the two at night time when I'm used to snacking. When I'm actually hungry but out of calories I try to eat some fruit or veggies or a small amount of lean protein, something without too many calories but will fill be up. You can also exercise to earn more calories and eat more! That's wonderful :)

If you're good on everything but just went over on carbs I wouldn't worry about it, sounds like you're doing well! Good luck!
  • healthyw84me
    healthyw84me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Rain! I get the hard part. Ugh! Do I ever. But you have done GREAT for three days. Take a moment to recognize you have taken good care of what you need for you for over 4,320 minutes now. It will get better. And if not, come back and chat to keep hands busy and out of the fridge!
  • mesmerina78
    Options
    Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I've been there, ups and downs, giving up and starting over. Try increasing your calorie intake a little, and find fruits and veggies that taste good to you. They are more filling than carbs, but everybody (and every body) works differently. Try snacking in the morning and afternoon between meals, that seems to help me out, especially on the days when I exercise.

All the best to you, good luck!! You can do it!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Don't give up....it is hard at first, but gets easlier! Eat more fruits & veggies, also look to stay full longer with high fiber foods : )
  • Peachieking
    Peachieking Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow ur all doing sooooo very well CONGRATS on ur progress - I have lost a total of ((95)) just 5 off from hitting the (100) mark
  • Rain_253
    Rain_253 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. For your words. I do appreciate this website. I'm eating full meals. I don't do much snacking. I do the main breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lunch I make more simple though. If that makes any sense. An, I believe I'm hungry. I didn't even think about the fact maybe I just wanna eat. Guess I better think about that a little more.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It's okay to snack. Actually, for some people 5 or 6 smaller meals are better than 3 larger ones. I eat every few hours -- it keeps my blood sugar stabilized and then I don't tend to gorge. My body has gotten used to this way of eating and is genuinely hungry every 3-4 hours.