I'm not losing anymore

Options
bnmoyler
bnmoyler Posts: 133 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
this past year, I've lost about 26 lbs. my goal was 135 but I've fluctuating between 138-139 for about 4 months now. Why???? I need my last few lbs gone. I've switched my workout routine a bit and have really toned more from what I can see but those lbs are not budging. I average between 1200-1500 calories per day so I'm definitely eating less than maintenance. What do I do?

Replies

• AlyssaMont
    AlyssaMont Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are probably gaining lean muscle mass I assume. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Refocus on logging accurately

Recalculate your calories setting your goal to no more than 0.5lb a week

Don't cheat yourself by not logging everything

If that doesn't work after a couple of weeks, cut your calories

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Can you open your diary? Those last pounds are difficult because you have to be extremely precise in your weighing/logging.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Have you told MFP that you have lost weight and had it recalculate your calories? Every time I stalled it was because I had lost weight and needed to readjust to lower calories.

The other thing that messes me up is being too high in carbs (over 40%). That's not low carb, it just means you're getting enough protein. If I'm over that, I won't lose, no matter what my calories.

Finally, you're close to goal. It took me longer to lose the last 5 pounds than it took me to lose the first 35. I stalled - sounds like you did too - in the winter. Over the course of the Spring I slowly, slowly dropped that last 5 pounds. Then summer hit and BAM I dropped another 5. I think there's two things working against you. We hold onto calories in winter and we slow down when we're close to goal. Check the other two problems and hang in there - if it's an appropriate goal for your body, you'll hit it.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    AlyssaMont wrote: »

I doubt shes gaining 'lean muscle' while in a caloric deficit.

OP, how tall are you? Those last few pounds you want to lose could be 'vanity pounds'; your body likes the weight you're at, but it isn't aesthetically where you want to be. So it pretty much adapts to the caloric intake and doesn't lose anything.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Because you're eating too much. I'm guessing you're not logging accurately.
  • sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You mentioned toning. If you are working out and eating 1200-1500 calories you are not eating enough. Excessive calorie deficits work short term but when you plateau you plateau hard. Think about it. Do you really want to start eating less? Is that sustainable? Why are you seeing posts all the time where they are eating 1000 calories and not losing weight? If it doesn't make sense, it's because it doesn't work.
  • bnmoyler
    edited January 2015
    Options
    sheltol wrote: »
    You mentioned toning. If you are working out and eating 1200-1500 calories you are not eating enough. Excessive calorie deficits work short term but when you plateau you plateau hard. Think about it. Do you really want to start eating less? Is that sustainable? Why are you seeing posts all the time where they are eating 1000 calories and not losing weight? If it doesn't make sense, it's because it doesn't work.

Yes it's like in the beginning I was losing like crazy. Now, I've stopped. I know my body can definitely let go of another 10 lbs easily. So do I slowly increase to around maintenance to get back on track?
  • bnmoyler
    Options
    Hig
    Francl27 wrote: »

I highly doubt that. I measure everything and I don't eat out do I know what I'm putting in my food.
  • bnmoyler
    Options
    I can see r
    AlyssaMont wrote: »

I doubt shes gaining 'lean muscle' while in a caloric deficit.

OP, how tall are you? Those last few pounds you want to lose could be 'vanity pounds'; your body likes the weight you're at, but it isn't aesthetically where you want to be. So it pretty much adapts to the caloric intake and doesn't lose anything.

I can see that too. Initially the weight just fell off but my body now seems comfortable with where it is. BMI is in a good place at 23.8 and weight is healthy.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    If you stop losing, I would guess you're at maintenance without truly realising ( bar any medical or tom issues etc ) If you have recently shaken up your exercise / working out ... that can happen.

If not.. then refocus on your logging and check how many you are logging as exercise cals etc

recheck the math is best bet
  • sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes. I would suggest you bump up at least to the higher range of your calorie range for a week and bump up your calorie level slowly say 150/day and see what happens after 2 weeks. You may gain at first but try to trust in the process. Also, buy some body fat calipers and start tracking body fat vs weight.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    bnmoyler wrote: »
    Hig
    Francl27 wrote: »

I highly doubt that. I measure everything and I don't eat out do I know what I'm putting in my food.

But do you weigh everything? With a food scale? Using cups and measuring spoons can be inaccurate.