Boob size

Options

Replies

• brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    try doing chest exercises. This should get rid of some of the fat, and they also will be perkier and wont sag much! I'm 20, and my boobs are so big that they sag a bit lol. Good luck!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I'm jealous of all you ladies that didn't lose anything from your boobs! That is the first place I started losing and am already contemplating getting implants when I get to a lower weight if I lose any more of the girls :-(
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    According to the bra fitter at my local lingerie shop, a 34D actually has a smaller cup than a 36D. 34D has the same cup size as 36C or 32DD. I'm not sure if this is true or not.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    According to the bra fitter at my local lingerie shop, a 34D actually has a smaller cup than a 36D. 34D has the same cup size as 36C or 32DD. I'm not sure if this is true or not.

True. 34D and 36C (and other corresponding sizes) are (somewhat) interchangeable, so if you're fitted at a 34D, but it's uncomfortable, you could try a 36C, etc....
  • jessyjade22
    jessyjade22 Posts: 14
    Options
    Mine didn't start shrinking until I had lost about 40 lbs which annoyed the hell out of me. Also after about 50 lbs I've barely went down a letter size. Genetics are freaking wonderful.
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear it! I was a 34C before children and since children I'm a 38D. When I did get down to 130lbs in 2007 (after kids), my boobs were still a D. I also had assumed that they'd be one of the first things to shrink since it happened to soo many of my friends. They all said after children their boobs "deflated" - especially after nursing. I have not experienced it myslef which led me to wonder if these bad boys were here to stay? Guess you answered my question... it's quite possible that they are not going anywhere. Though honestly, if I had to choose between deflated boobs or the big ones I have, I'll keep the big ones :) My hubby doesn't seem to mind! hahaha. But I definitely find it harder to find clothes to fit right and I could see with belly dancing how it would NOT be a good thing. :( I do have some friends who have done the breast reduction and LOVED it.
  • nicoleburk
    nicoleburk Posts: 10
    Options
    My DD's never go down with any weight loss, family genetics and Im only 5'2. This is not good news if people are saying thier not loosing weight in the chest. mine hurt my back, they indent my shoulders, but you have to be careful regarding breast reductions, if you plan on having children, you will not be able to breast feed because they take the ducts out to decrease your size, but if my boobs dont go down after children, im getting them reduced. To be able to wear cute shirts and dresses that actually fit your boobs in it is a dream come true.
  • nicoleburk
    nicoleburk Posts: 10
    Options
    also per a personal trainer, be careful with what excerises you do for your chest, most of the time it builds the muscles under the chest wall, making your chest larger...also 98% of us do it wrong and work out the wrong muscles. if you think about it, how do you excercise your skin?? you cant really, supportive bras...lotion and oils...and sometimes theres nothing you can do about sagging..look at your grama and mom's boobs, how do they look? more than likley this is what yours will turn out to be :) lol great right
  • emandbri
    emandbri Posts: 45
    Options
    I agree that you probably have lost and just don't see it, it varies so much on who does the fitting. I was sized twice with in a couple of days and they came up with different measurements. Both agree though that my cup size has actually increased as my band size has gone down. Very annoying!

Also Tami I LOVE your skirt!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I have lost 85lbs and gone from a 44DD to a 36DD. I really wish I could get rid of one of the D's but doubt it since the smallest I have ever been since I was 16 was a 34DD.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    i am in a 36dd currently and have not seen a change either =( i've always been large though, so i'm not expecting them to go away (although it would be nice)
  • naravyn
    naravyn Posts: 3
    Options
    I used to work in the lingerie department at Dillards, and we were trained to properly size women because so many women out there now don't wear the proper size.

When you are looking at your bra size, you need to consider both the letter and the number. Alot of places don't size properly and its sad because alot of women don't know how to do it themselves. I don't recall the exact numbers anymore, but you are supposed to measure the smallest area at the ribcage and also the fullest area across the breasts and the difference in numbers is the cup size.

The reason those who are losing the band size are still a large letter size is because of the difference in those two numbers. You are staying proportionate to what you were, but you have gotten smaller.

The person who said that a 36D and a 38C are the same was partly true. The cup size is indeed the same, but the band is bigger around on the C bra. So the D bra might fit the girls, but be too tight around making them spill out and the band cut in. I'm going to look online to see if I can find an accurate sizing tutorial, and I'll post it here later because I have to go for now. I hope this information has helped.

Congrats on your weightloss, and I hope everything works out for you.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    VS doesnt provide accurate measurements. You need to get a real fitting somewhere else. VS only carries certain sizes and they will pretty much NEVER tell you that your size is something they don't carry.

I wear a 30DD, and VS had me in a 34B. Awful. My back is in such better shape after the adjustment. And my boobs look perkier.
  • kennebec
    kennebec Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Easy fix: buy some if you feel you really need some! (I was there once upon a time...) {whoops, this was supposed to go to the lady who dislikes her 'A' cup.}

That said, some ladies say it's the first thing to go, some say it's the last...and some just never lose 'em. That's the first thing to go on me.
  • kennebec
    kennebec Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used to work in the lingerie department at Dillards, and we were trained to properly size women because so many women out there now don't wear the proper size.

When you are looking at your bra size, you need to consider both the letter and the number. Alot of places don't size properly and its sad because alot of women don't know how to do it themselves. I don't recall the exact numbers anymore, but you are supposed to measure the smallest area at the ribcage and also the fullest area across the breasts and the difference in numbers is the cup size.

The reason those who are losing the band size are still a large letter size is because of the difference in those two numbers. You are staying proportionate to what you were, but you have gotten smaller.

The person who said that a 36D and a 38C are the same was partly true. The cup size is indeed the same, but the band is bigger around on the C bra. So the D bra might fit the girls, but be too tight around making them spill out and the band cut in. I'm going to look online to see if I can find an accurate sizing tutorial, and I'll post it here later because I have to go for now. I hope this information has helped.

Congrats on your weightloss, and I hope everything works out for you.

I agree...Dillards sizes us up WAY better! Those ladies are impressive on their knowledge of getting the right bra. Wish I had one nearby....I'm stuck ordering online for now.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs, and my boobs did not shrink one bit. I eventually had to get breast reduction surgery, which isn't as bad as it seems!!! My life is WAY better now & I don't regret it!! :flowerforyou: I was measured last week and I'm now a PERFECT 36C, down from being a 36DD+. Bra and clothes shopping have a whole new meaning for me, and running/working out are far more comfy!
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    since breast tissue is fat, if you get your body fat low enough i'm sure that they will shrink. your breasts just must be one of the last places that the fat is used from.

however, i'm not a doctor, so you might want to go check with them.
  • wayfaringarchivist
    Options
    Ugh. I have the same problem. A few years ago I went hardcore and lost 20 pounds in 2 months and my bra size did not change at all! I was (and still am) pissed. I don't think there's any other solution than surgery at this point. Though I often wonder what would happen if I suddenly went anorexic (FYI: I never will and it is not my intention to make light of a serious disorder). They would have to shrink then, wouldn't they?
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    you have to be careful regarding breast reductions, if you plan on having children, you will not be able to breast feed because they take the ducts out to decrease your size

This isn't true. A good surgeon will be able to work around the ducts, and remove primarily fat. I had just turned 22 when I got my reduction done, and I told the surgeon how I wanted children & to breastfeed. She didn't even bat an eye, and said it would be "no problem". :smile:
  • brunettebetty
    Options

Dear belly dancer with big boobs: will you marry me? Fusion.gif

No rush on an answer. Take the weekend if you like.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!