Eating schedule

Options
ok my issue is I work overnights so my schedule is I wake up 12-1 pm eat. I eat within a hour when I wake up. I don't do much til dinner but now I'm changing that by going to the gym 3-5 days a week. I eat dinner around 7-8 pm eat. I go to work at 10 pm. I usually work til 6am eat. When I come home I eat and go to bed.

My question is, is there a time after you eat that you should wait til bed? Is there a type of food I should eat and or avoid?

I plan on eating oatmeal that is high protein( brand is nature valley or something like that) and water. Letme know thanks

Replies

• ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Not really, but it depends what you're eating. Most of the time it's simply what fits in your calorie/macro goals, but eating just before bed can be good or bad, depending on what it is. Obviously quick release energy stuff will keep you awake, as would caffeine, and salt generally wakes me up thirsty as hell. On the flipside, slow release stuff is decent for reparation.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    There's nothing anywhere that says you have to eat at certain times or you should avoid any specific foods. Unless...

Do you have a problem with eating right before bed? I don't really. I can't have a lot of caffeine too late but i can drink a glass of soda and get sugared up and sleep fine. I do most of my eating later in the day.

My daughter on the other hand has reflux so we have to watch that she doesn't eat acidic foods for at least a few hours before bed.

Do what works for you as long as long as it fits into your day.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    CarrieCans wrote: »
    There's nothing anywhere that says you have to eat at certain times or you should avoid any specific foods. Unless...

Do you have a problem with eating right before bed? I don't really. I can't have a lot of caffeine too late but i can drink a glass of soda and get sugared up and sleep fine. I do most of my eating later in the day.

My daughter on the other hand has reflux so we have to watch that she doesn't eat acidic foods for at least a few hours before bed.

I can drink soda before bed, but if I drink casein I get nightmares for some reason :(
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    CarrieCans wrote: »

This.

Carbs and coffee before bed for me.
  • seanjones1987
    seanjones1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have no issues it generally takes me a half hour to fall asleep after I go to sleep but I believe that's unrelated to food. I just worried because I guess it's a old wives tale that it's unhealthy
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    With possible exceptions for high-level endurance athletes and some folks with blood-sugar issues, meal timing does not matter.
  • seanjones1987
    seanjones1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    As I get a better hold on my eating habits I notice I am a bit under my goal calories and even my calories earned from the gym. Should I eat more or keep on pace?

I don't eat much snacks should I and whst ?