Frustrated About How Much Weight To Lose Weekly. Help?

Options

Replies

• Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The Doctor is pleased that I'm losing weight. It's kind of embarrassing to tell him I only consume 600 calories and I really don't feel like hearing a giant lecture from him.

Hiding what you're eating and being afraid of his response is not a good sign. Please talk to your doctor before you hurt your health.

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I dont understand how you could get overweight before, when you cant even eat 1200 calories a day.

I looked at your diary and if you are really honest and eat that amount you have a serious problem. You cant eat only 600 calories a day without damaging your body.

I hope you search for some professional help.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You really need to be eating more before you damage your health. Talk to you doctor so he/she can help you out.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    BooMonkeyButt Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know I can reach the calorie goal if I eat foods that I shouldn't. But then I look at the Nutrition tab and I'm usually over or under in some or all of the categories.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    I dont understand how you could get overweight before, when you cant even eat 1200 calories a day.

I looked at your diary and if you are really honest and eat that amount you have a serious problem. You cant eat only 600 calories a day without damaging your body.

I hope you search for some professional help.

Not to be rude or anything, but what do I have to lose by not being honest? I'd only be fooling myself. I'm 100% honest in my diary. I want to lose weight and being dishonest doesn't help with that goal.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You really need to be eating more before you damage your health. Talk to you doctor so he/she can help you out.

Thanks. I think I might just do that.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Sorry sweetheart but you have a serious problem.. get some help or start eating more. You dont get overweight by eating 1200 ( and even more)

I eat 1200 to 1400 and lost 60 pounds.

You cant get the right nutrition on 600 calories a day, and it seems you are doing this for a longer time now.

So you are not honest and dont log everything or and that is what would make me sad, you are honest and indeed eat around those 600 calories. I saw even a day of 500 and 234

You dont need advice here from us, otherwise that people tell you...go to a doctor and show him what you eat.

And you be welcome to use my diary as example, but i eat around the 1200 or a bit more.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I know I can reach the calorie goal if I eat foods that I shouldn't. But then I look at the Nutrition tab and I'm usually over or under in some or all of the categories.

The fact that you are only eating 600 calories, and talking about foods "you shouldn't eat", leads me to believe there is a bigger issue here. You need to talk to a doctor or some other professional, because 600 calories a day is ED territory.

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    What foods "shouldn't you eat"?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Don't think of foods as being ones you "should" or "shouldn't" eat. Food is fuel for your body; some foods fuel you better than others. Going over on your macros won't be a problem if you stick to your calorie goal--many people look at fat/protein goals as minimums to hit.
  • lmm2323
    lmm2323 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My trainer and nutritionist have both said that you have to eat more to weigh less. If you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode trying to protect the calories you are eating and the weight you do have in order for your body to function. Eat and increase exercise when you can. Also just my thinking that you are only 4 weeks after surgery. Perhaps your body isn't ready yet. I would find a dietitian to help you plan good meals including foods that you like to eat. In my opinion you are too focused on the number of calories and should be trying to find the balance of what is healthy for your body.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    Sorry sweetheart but you have a serious problem.. get some help or start eating more. You dont get overweight by eating 1200 ( and even more)

I eat 1200 to 1400 and lost 60 pounds.

You cant get the right nutrition on 600 calories a day, and it seems you are doing this for a longer time now.

So you are not honest and dont log everything or and that is what would make me sad, you are honest and indeed eat around those 600 calories. I saw even a day of 500 and 234

You dont need advice here from us, otherwise that people tell you...go to a doctor and show him what you eat.

And you be welcome to use my diary as example, but i eat around the 1200 or a bit more.

Thank you.

• BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

The fact that you are only eating 600 calories, and talking about foods "you shouldn't eat", leads me to believe there is a bigger issue here. You need to talk to a doctor or some other professional, because 600 calories a day is ED territory.

Okay. Thanks.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    What foods "shouldn't you eat"?

Junk food.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    lmm2323 wrote: »
    My trainer and nutritionist have both said that you have to eat more to weigh less. If you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode trying to protect the calories you are eating and the weight you do have in order for your body to function. Eat and increase exercise when you can. Also just my thinking that you are only 4 weeks after surgery. Perhaps your body isn't ready yet. I would find a dietitian to help you plan good meals including foods that you like to eat. In my opinion you are too focused on the number of calories and should be trying to find the balance of what is healthy for your body.

Thanks for your advice. I'll look into a dietician. I never considered it before.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Don't think of foods as being ones you "should" or "shouldn't" eat. Food is fuel for your body; some foods fuel you better than others. Going over on your macros won't be a problem if you stick to your calorie goal--many people look at fat/protein goals as minimums to hit.

See, I didn't know that.
  • BWBTrish
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i eat junk food too when ever i want too. There are no bad or good foods!

Too lose weight you eat in deficit that's all that there is too it!

I eat pizza drink champagne also in my diet...only i dont do it every day but when there is a special occasion. Thats the trick, moderation and portion control.

So when i want a slice of pizza i will but i take 1 and dont eat it for weeks or months.

Like i said use my diary and you will see. Not that i am special.....but at least you get more nutrition and i lose weight doing this just like million others. And they eat!! Not nible on a couple of hundred calories.

btw i dont use added salt or sugar in my diet but that is for health reasons. I use sugar very rarely
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some dietary restrictions due to health issues (intolerances etc), there is no such thing as food you shouldn't eat!! That kind of thinking leads to very restrictive eating and eventually ill healthy (physically and mentally). Do you really want to live your life on such a restrictive diet? That isn't living. There are plenty of high calorie options such as nuts, avocado, olives, full fat dairy etc that you can add daily, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with so-called 'junk' food in moderate amounts.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    i eat junk food too when ever i want too. There are no bad or good foods!

Too lose weight you eat in deficit that's all that there is too it!

I eat pizza drink champagne also in my diet...only i dont do it every day but when there is a special occasion. Thats the trick, moderation and portion control.

So when i want a slice of pizza i will but i take 1 and dont eat it for weeks or months.

Like i said use my diary and you will see. Not that i am special.....but at least you get more nutrition and i lose weight doing this just like million others. And they eat!! Not nible on a couple of hundred calories.

Okay. Thank you.
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your food diary makes me sad. :(

No breakfast. Hardly any fat or protein, and a bit of candy at the end of the day, possibly to get your numbers up? That looks very, very familiar to me, and not in a good way at all.

Why do you eat this way? Is it because you see the fat or carb contents on food packaging and if it's too high you are afraid to eat it? Or is it because you are genuinely not hungry? Because looking at what you eat, unless you are sick, there is no way that diet is keeping you satisfied.

Sweetie, there are no foods you shouldn't eat, unless they would make you sick because of a medical condition. There are no good foods. No bad foods. Just food. Almost all food, eaten in moderation, has something of benefit to your body.

Your body needs all sorts of foods to keep it healthy, and it needs enough of them too. For whatever reason, you are not being kind to your body. You are not being kind to yourself.