What is shakeology?

13»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    It's something my friend did to get serious about weight loss and now she's up about 60 lb. So apparently it didn't work and was expensive. Results may vary, I'm sure. But yeah no.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Plus, Shakeology is not good for you if you have Cholesterol issues as it contains cholesterol..... ijs. I did try a sample, hated the flavor. too chalky and has an after taste, but that's just me. I'm drinking another protein shake and just watching what I eat and exercising... lost 30+ pounds since late Aug.
  • patches212
    patches212 Posts: 15 Member
    Very very few of the ingredients in shakeology have any scientific evidence backing their health claims, and it's not for lack of studies being done.

The only thing that upsets me is these people saying shakeology is only $4 a day. It's not. You pay taxes on it. You pay shipping costs on it because you can only buy it through their website or a "trainer" (like an Avon lady) who passes those costs on to you. You get screwed even more if you live outside the U.S. as you get charged insane shipping fees and duty fees on top that put the price of getting just one package in your hands at nearly $200.

It's a personal choice and some people really believe in it so go for it If you have the money to burn...
    It won't hurt you. Most of the benefits are a product of the diet and lifestyle changes people make in addition to the shakes, the "benefits" of the shakes themselves are mostly psychosematic.

You'll find far more benefit from a good protein powder, even though it can take a lot of research and work to find a good one (don't underestimate the value of getting enough protein, especially if you are working out at all) add a multi or targeted vitamin if you need to - get your doctor to test you and see where you are actually lacking rather than assuming based on a bunch of shady emotional blog posts - people are not made with cookie cutters!

Make the time to plan a food attack and eat real food. It's the only way to win. Even if you have to start out eating the same thing every day (cause it is way easier to prep each week and get into the habit.) Keep the things that work and ditch what doesn't and slowly you will learn how your own body needs to be fed in order to keep you feeling good.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    I find the parroting of the company line, and the lameness of the "coach's" sales pitches amusing :)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    They're not selling shakes, They're selling OPPORTUNITY!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Shakology works really well. It puts your wallet on a diet.