For you, who is the person you're most excited to show your weight loss progress to?

Options
13»

Replies

• PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My enemies >:)
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well DH is seeing it as it happens but that's really the only person (besides me) I'm concerned about as far as my weight goes.

ETA: I would like to do a 5 k with my older sister one day though. That would be loads of fun.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    BooMonkeyButt Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My fiancé. He loved my body when I gained weight, before I started losing weight, and I can't wait to see his reaction once I hit my goal weight. And me too, of course.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't have a "special person" in that area, for the most part I don't really care what others think - BUT, with that said I do get a bit of a thrill at times whenever I run into people I worked with when I was at my heaviest.

I think it might be kind of cool to run into a few ex boyfriends from my early 20's, partly because I am a lot smaller now than I was then, but also because they have really let themselves go and are looking like middle aged dads (complete with like, a Branson sweatshirt) so I just think it would be a hoot to see a couple of them when I'm with my younger, fit husband and we are out being active or dressed up. I don't think about this much and it's not like some "revenge" thing but yeah, I'm sure it would feel pretty good!! :-)
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am always amazed how little people care. I wish I had a list of others who I want to show but I feel that my expectations would not be met. I suppose if I must choose I would say all the guys who teased me during my teen years.
  • lisac195
    lisac195 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My doctor. He is probably the one that worries about it the most. LOL!
  • LauraSav97
    LauraSav97 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My father, who is very ill. He motivated me and I am doing it for him.

That's lovely! My father is also cheering me on :)
  • LauraSav97
    Options
    Of course I am very happy for my husband to notice - but after all the wonderful years we have had with me at so many different weights, I am not sure that it means that much to him. Which is both good and bad. . . mostly good. I almost wonder if I am not the most pleased to share this with my closet. My closet that has been filled with clothes in every size and has likely scoffed at the thought of me keeping some of those things - as if I would ever be able to wear THAT again.
    -
    And I love that there are so many comments about the medical community. I don't think I have lost enough yet that I will make any impression on my doctor, but I love to see so many who have

Nyawww that's very sweet! aahhahah your closet sounds very condescending! ahaha
    Yes, awesome to see so many comments about the medical community, I also hope to make a big impression on my doctor!
  • LauraSav97
    Options
    Th3Ph03n1x wrote: »
    Well DH is seeing it as it happens but that's really the only person (besides me) I'm concerned about as far as my weight goes.

ETA: I would like to do a 5 k with my older sister one day though. That would be loads of fun.

Yes, the people closest to you don't really get that 'holy smokes' moment do they :(
    That's an awesome goal! Good luck!
  • LauraSav97
    Options
    Honestly I don't have a "special person" in that area, for the most part I don't really care what others think - BUT, with that said I do get a bit of a thrill at times whenever I run into people I worked with when I was at my heaviest.

I think it might be kind of cool to run into a few ex boyfriends from my early 20's, partly because I am a lot smaller now than I was then, but also because they have really let themselves go and are looking like middle aged dads (complete with like, a Branson sweatshirt) so I just think it would be a hoot to see a couple of them when I'm with my younger, fit husband and we are out being active or dressed up. I don't think about this much and it's not like some "revenge" thing but yeah, I'm sure it would feel pretty good!! :-)

Ahahah yes, getting that thrill is lovely :) There are a few old friends I would /love/ to run into when I'm at my goal weight. Not because I want to rub it in or anything, just because ever since I was a kid I was always the overweight, unfit one, so seeing one of them at, idk a pool party once I reach my GW would be a nice thrill.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

Ahahah yes, getting that thrill is lovely :) There are a few old friends I would /love/ to run into when I'm at my goal weight. Not because I want to rub it in or anything, just because ever since I was a kid I was always the overweight, unfit one, so seeing one of them at, idk a pool party once I reach my GW would be a nice thrill.

yeah! For sure.

I have run into the guys mentioned above when I looked better (in my opinion) than when we dated, had nice clothes on, etc. And that felt good even though I was still very large...I just think it would feel even better when I'm like 8 sizes smaller, too...like icing on the cake LOL