Help me with my diet

Options
Bahar740
Bahar740 Posts: 22 Member
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hey guys,

I've been using MFP for around 4 months now daily and wanted to ask a few questions.

Firstly, I'm female and I've got loads of weight to lose. Around half my body weight so a long journey. I've lost around 11kg atm.

I am on a 1290 calories a day. With 40% Crabs, 35 % protein and 25% fats. That's a general allowance. I normally aim for high protein diet.

I have completely stop drinking soda and coffee or caffeine drinks since I started.

My question are:

Is the calories OK for me?

I exercise around 3 times a week. But normally do not increase my calorie intake on them days. If I'm hungry then I might add a protein shake or a little more food but not much more. Should I increase my calories on exercise days?

I'm losing around 1/2 pounds a week so a OK weight loss.

Is there any other recommendations?

Thanks

Replies

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Would it be possible for you to open up your diary so we can see the details? The extra info may help with your questions.
  • Bahar740
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think it's I've opened it no for public view. The last week has been a hit and a miss cause I was ill. Thanks
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    Hey guys,

I've been using MFP for around 4 months now daily and wanted to ask a few questions.

Firstly, I'm female and I've got loads of weight to lose. Around half my body weight so a long journey. I've list around 11kg atm.

I am on a 1290 calories a day. With 40% Crabs, 35 % protein and 25% fats. That's a general allowance. I normally aim for high protein diet.

I have completely stop drinking soda and coffee or caffeine drinks since I started.

My question are:

Is the calories OK for me?

I exercise around 3 times a week. But normally do not increase my calorie intake on them days. If I'm hungry then I might add a protein shake or a little more food but not much more. Should I increase my calories on exercise days?

I'm losing around 1/2 pounds a week so a OK weight loss.

Is there any other recommendations?

Thanks
    Oh gosh that is a little. Try and eat extra when excersizing

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I think it's I've opened it no for public view. The last week has been a hit and a miss cause I was ill. Thanks

Thank you. A quick glance shows things in order (things weighed and measured/logged as grams and mL.) I was concerned because considering the amount you have to lose it seems strange that at 1300cals you're only losing half a pound a week. But since your diary seems accurate (but again I took a quick look. Maybe someone can take a more in-depth peek) and your protein and fat seem decent I'm going to say, with your current rate of loss, that you're fine. It wouldn't hurt to eat a little more on days you work out (food is fuel after all and it's important to fuel your workouts).

• envisiondental
    Options
    Hold at 1300-1500 cals a day. Add T25 5-6 days a week and you should be dropping 2'ish lbs a week at least. If your putting all the effort into the diet which really is the most difficult part then really try to up the workouts and I recommend T25 because in my experience it seems to be one of the easiest to follow calorie burner.. I can burn 600 plus if I push it.. and it's only 25mins. Just stick with it and you will be feeling great.
    Good job and Good luck
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hold at 1300-1500 cals a day. Add T25 5-6 days a week and you should be dropping 2'ish lbs a week at least. If your putting all the effort into the diet which really is the most difficult part then really try to up the workouts and I recommend T25 because in my experience it seems to be one of the easiest to follow calorie burner.. I can burn 600 plus if I push it.. and it's only 25mins. Just stick with it and you will be feeling great.
    Good job and Good luck

Please don't listen to this OP. This is so wrong it's not funny at all.
  • Bahar740
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Good job and Good luck

Why is it wrong? I don't really what T25 is tbh?
  • Bahar740
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

Thank you. A quick glance shows things in order (things weighed and measured/logged as grams and mL.) I was concerned because considering the amount you have to lose it seems strange that at 1300cals you're only losing half a pound a week. But since your diary seems accurate (but again I took a quick look. Maybe someone can take a more in-depth peek) and your protein and fat seem decent I'm going to say, with your current rate of loss, that you're fine. It wouldn't hurt to eat a little more on days you work out (food is fuel after all and it's important to fuel your workouts).

Hey,

Thanks. I'm doing weights in my training so maybe I'm building up muscle (hopefully). I'm not sure. But this week I lost around 3 lb the first time ever.. But that's probably due to me being ill and dying then anything else.

I'll just keep going. After I lost a bit more I will increase my calories to around 1500 and see how that goes.
  • Bahar740
    Options
    Good job and Good luck

Thanks for the reply. But not sure what T25 is?
  • Bahar740
    Options
    Oh gosh that is a little. Try and eat extra when excersizing
    Yeah it it's a little. But apart from the first few weeks when I started... I haven't felt light headed or lacking energy... So hopefully I'm not harming myself.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Good job and Good luck

Nothing is wrong with T25 (It's a beachbody program) but he has no clue as to your age, weight, or height and he's telling you that you "should" be losing 2lbs a week and doing this is going to work. It's misleading to assume you'll be able to handle 5-6 days of a rather intense program , not to mention assuming you'll burn the same amount of calories as he does..especially 600 for 25min? I'd highly question that burn.

• Bahar740
    Options
    Good job and Good luck

Nothing is wrong with T25 (It's a beachbody program) but he has no clue as to your age, weight, or height and he's telling you that you "should" be losing 2lbs a week and doing this is going to work. It's misleading to assume you'll be able to handle 5-6 days of a rather intense program , not to mention assuming you'll burn the same amount of calories as he does..especially 600 for 25min? I'd highly question that burn.

Ah OK. Thanks :) gotcha.