1200 calories below but still dont lose weight

Options
Help me I already ate 1200 cal below and sometime didn't eat till 1200 but why is not effective yet

Replies

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? Are you weighing your solids and measuring your liquids? Do you workout and if so do you eat back exercise calories? If yes how do you determine what to eat back?
  • mae3599
    mae3599 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    How long have you been at it? Are you weighing your solids and measuring your liquids? Do you workout and if so do you eat back exercise calories? If yes how do you determine what to eat back?
    Hi thanks for replying :) I started 10 days ago eating below 1200 kcal... I do workout when I ate extra kcal ,so I dun eat back after workout and excersice twice per week at park btw how to weight solid and liquids because I just use normal machine to weight maybe I have mistaken of that nobody told me :neutral_face:

• SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    mae3599 wrote: »
    I started 10 days ago eating below 1200 kcal.

Your not eating enough, you have to eat a minimum of 1200 Calories a day.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    If you're eating under 1200 calories a day, you're not eating enough. Your body is holding on to what you eat in case it doesn't get any more food.
  • Daiako
    Options
    Can you make your food diary public?
  • Daiako
    Options
    If you're eating under 1200 calories a day, you're not eating enough. Your body is holding on to what you eat in case it doesn't get any more food.

Doubtful.
  • nishant234
    Options
    I am eating ~1100 calories a day. I'm down 3.5 kg (8 pounds) in 12 days.

Your food diary would be helpful.

Doubtful.

It is quite possible.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    They mean weigh your food
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    nishant234 wrote: »

Doubtful.

It is quite possible.

No it's not ..the body doesn't work like that

If it did you would see fat people in famine zone ...google Minnesota starvation experiment, then basic physics 101 and stop spouting tabloid headlines
  • Daiako
    Options

Doubtful.

It is quite possible.

Not really. More likely the OP is logging inaccurately, which is why I asked about weighing her food and then asked her to open her diary. The simplest conclusion is usually the right one, as opposed to misunderstood starvation mode.

• mae3599
    Options

Doubtful.

It is quite possible.

Not really. More likely the OP is logging inaccurately, which is why I asked about weighing her food and then asked her to open her diary. The simplest conclusion is usually the right one, as opposed to misunderstood starvation mode.
    I dunno how to open my diary argh... but my daily meal is like this : morning I go to school I ate bread everyday afternoon after school I ate noodle with soup or fried night I ate yogurt or some fruits sometime I drank nut soup
  • catherine_brew
    Options
    I'm no expert, but that seems like a lot of carbs. Better to eat protein with veg. Id reduce your carbs. Switch afternoon bread for a low GI piece of fruit (apple, blueberries, pear or some strawberries), then for dinner have low fat meat (chicken breast, turkey etc) and some veg. I hope that helps.
  • Sued0nim
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm no expert, but that seems like a lot of carbs. Better to eat protein with veg. Id reduce your carbs. Switch afternoon bread for a low GI piece of fruit (apple, blueberries, pear or some strawberries), then for dinner have low fat meat (chicken breast, turkey etc) and some veg. I hope that helps.

No! To all that..just no

weigh and log your food OP ...calorie defecit all that matters
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It takes more than 10 days to lose weight. Also, start using a food scale.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Only you know how much you are eating, but I'm having a hard time believing your diary. Did you actually cut a burger in thirds and only eat a third of it? I expect you can find some places where you aren't being honest with yourself and you're eating more than you think you are.
  • mae3599
    Options
    Only you know how much you are eating, but I'm having a hard time believing your diary. Did you actually cut a burger in thirds and only eat a third of it? I expect you can find some plaises where you aren't being honest with yourself and you're eating more than you think you are.
    Only you know how much you are eating, but I'm having a hard time believing your diary. Did you actually cut a burger in thirds and only eat a third of it? I expect you can find some places where you aren't being honest with yourself and you're eating more than you think you are.
    I shared my meal with my sister everyday so during my lunch time we just hav different type of food with small portion :) u said if i'm not honest with the calories intake why am i still using this app :( this app is good but just the fact that MFP doesn't hav actual food for asian ppl thanks for commenting btw ;)

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Only you know how much you are eating, but I'm having a hard time believing your diary. Did you actually cut a burger in thirds and only eat a third of it? I expect you can find some plaises where you aren't being honest with yourself and you're eating more than you think you are.
    I shared my meal with my sister everyday so during my lunch time we just hav different type of food with small portion :) u said if i'm not honest with the calories intake why am i still using this app :( this app is good but just the fact that MFP doesn't hav actual food for asian ppl thanks for commenting btw ;)

If it isn't in the database already, you can add it.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share another option....I am part of two great groups here on MFP, 1. Keeping It Green Challenge (focuses daily on not going over your calorie allowance - you set a monthly goal and report daily to track progress - super people, super supportive! 2. 3 Things Challenge--you choose 3 things per month to work on (may or may not be related to the scale) and you report daily on your progress--again, great people and a great support to making life changes!

Good luck to all! If you have trouble finding groups- you can PM me and I will send invite.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't have a lot of the food I have in my pantry or fridge. That's when you add it yourself. This journey isn't easy and MFP is a user-contributed database.