High protein breakfast that's quick?

Options
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any low carb high protein breakfast ideas? I work early so needs to be as quick as poss preparation time! Thanks in advance x

Replies

• mforrestall
    mforrestall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Smoothie made with Greek yogurt and/or protein powder
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and peanut butter. It has around 24g of protein for about 270 Calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Low carb tortilla (I use Flat Out, or La Tortilla factory, both are 80-90 calories, 7g of fiber, 9g of protein), meat, cheese, and an egg (can just whip one in a bowl and microwave it for 40 seconds). 300ish calories, 30ish grams of protein. Or you can even omit the egg. But it's fast, filling, and pretty low calories, and the possibilities are endless.
  • bcm3371
    bcm3371 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Greek yogurt and peanut butter. It has around 24g of protein for about 270 Calories.

• Ejric
    Ejric Posts: 6
    Options
    6 eggs
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I make an egg scramble with turkey and cheese, for a few days and warm it up.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    steak
  • leeloo54
    leeloo54 Posts: 112
    Options
    egg whites (or, one whole egg and 2 whites) scrambled, in a wrap with salsa and light cheese.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Egg white scramble with spinach, diced tomatoes, and apple chicken sausage.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with fruit (any kind you like), chia seeds, and ground flax seed.
    I have this for breakfast several times per week.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    on Sunday's I take a muffin tin, use non-stick spray, fill with egg whites, some ham or cheese (or both) and a vegetable. Cook at 350 for 20 minutes and you're done. yummy, easy and low calorie/high protein
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Bacon (the answer is always bacon :) ) and scrambled eggs with cheese.
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I make muffin tin eggs. I make a bunch (48...all my muffin pans) on a Sunday once a month. I leave out a weeks worth and freeze the rest for the remainder of the month. Spray muffin pans with cooking spray (no need for liners) and fill the sections with whatever ingredients you have on hands....diced meat, veggies, cheese. In a separate bowl make your egg mixture. Eggs, a splash of milk, and spices to your taste. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the muffin pan sections. Bake on 350 for about 25-30 minutes, until a knife comes out clean. These 'rise' in baking, so only fill the sections about 1/3 full. These are very easy, pretty cheap to make, last a long time and are super yummy. All you do is grab/nuke/go!
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is about the quickest breakfast you could ask for. That or a couple of hard boiled eggs
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Make it in advance. Hard boiled eggs, or egg muffins, make great breakfasts on the go.

For the muffins, just lightly whisk some eggs in a bowl, pour them into a muffin tin (use about 2 eggs for each muffin cavity) and toss in some toppings, seasonings, whatever, like onion, garlic, tomato, cheese, etc. and bake until cooked through. You can put them all in a baggie and just heat one or two for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt, Eggs, etc. I like to make Peanut Butter Bites that also have Oatmeal, Flaxseed, Chocolate Chips and Protein Powder in them - really easy to just grab and eat on the way out the door.
  • cec5ilia
    cec5ilia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Use a muffin tin to bake cups of spinach, green peppers, onions, and whatever else with an egg (or a serving of egg whites) on top. Bake for 15-20 min at 350. Do it on a weekend, and they last all week.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I toast a wheat sandwich thin, microwave an egg scrambled with an egg white for about 1min, put the egg on the bread and then top it with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. With my specific brands, it ends up at 260 calories with 24g of protein and takes approximately 2min to make.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Smoothies. I like to make smoothie packs on Sunday of fruit/veggies and throw them in the freezer. All I have to do is throw a packet into the blender, add almond milk/water/coffee, Greek yogurt, protein powder/hemp hearts/chia seeds/flax seeds... Whatever works for that combo.

Takes less than five minutes :)