Insanity workout

Options
Has anyone tried the insanity work out? Is it any good and are the results true?

Replies

• ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    Yes. I love it. I'm doing it currently. It can be time consuming as I don't always have an hour or more in my day to work out during the second month.
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've did it about a year ago and i'm doing it again. I lost about 4 pant sizes and 30lbs in a little over two months. However, I began the program having not done anything really physical for a very long time.
  • LO2076
    LO2076 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes completed it twice, four months in total. It's very very hard and fast paced. It does work but the key factor to all fitness is having a healthy diet plan, which they do provide for you.
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If time is an issue you might want to check out the new Insanity Max30. 30 minute workouts and they rock!! I am already seeing small changes and I've only been doing it for 2 weeks
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've just finished week one yesterday. It's hard but not impossible. Longest work out was 42 minutes. I've enjoyed it so far.
  • envisiondental
    Options
    I did insanity.. but like T25 better. Seems like a bit more balanced and streamlined version of Insanity.
  • kcowart130
    kcowart130 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm working on finishing up my second week now and I feel awesome! The workouts are pretty rough (to the point where I'm literally telling Shaun T to f*** off at times haha) but I can already see my abs and arms taking more shape and my thighs slimming slightly.
  • jmchlng
    jmchlng Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of Insanity 1st month DVDs and t25 with my husband. We have been doing them for 102 weeks! I have definitely seen a change in our abs, legs and arms. We are as fit as we have been since our honeymoon 30 years ago this summer. We motivate each other and we are 55 and 59 years old with bad knees. My husband does feel the cardio DVDs on t25 are too hard on his knees.I would like to try the Insanity 30 Max because I think it might be a nice combination of the Insanity and T25. Does anyone know?
  • LO2076
    LO2076 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kcowart130 wrote: »
    I'm working on finishing up my second week now and I feel awesome! The workouts are pretty rough (to the point where I'm literally telling Shaun T to f*** off at times haha) but I can already see my abs and arms taking more shape and my thighs slimming slightly.

Haha you are not wrong there
  • Lorraine128
    Options

I'm just starting week two tomorrow and looking forward to seeing these gains you're noticing!
  • catpea33
    catpea33 Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity too! It's my second time but my first in ketosis. I start week 3 tomorrow and I'm doing it to prep for a half-marathon (running outside is out of the question right now). I had good results last time with my cardiovascular fitness so I know I'll have the same again this time. I didn't lose much weight the first time around - just 2lb - but the before and after photos showed a satisfying difference.
  • cristapp
    Options
    I am in my 2nd month of Insanity MAX30, and I LOVE this program! I signed up with Beachbody for the full meal deal, Shakeology and the Insanity DVDs. If anyone has any questions about all that let me know. There is a modified version for those of us starting out with this type of workout, and I do a lot of modification BUT still I am seeing awesome results especially now in 2nd month. So much stronger than when I began. Really fun program.
  • Lorraine128
    Options
    catpea33 wrote: »
    I'm doing Insanity too! It's my second time but my first in ketosis. I start week 3 tomorrow and I'm doing it to prep for a half-marathon (running outside is out of the question right now). I had good results last time with my cardiovascular fitness so I know I'll have the same again this time. I didn't lose much weight the first time around - just 2lb - but the before and after photos showed a satisfying difference.

Great! I am hoping Insanity is going to improve my running too. I have a half marathon planned for
    June this year. I should really take a 'before' photo. Will do it tomorrow morning before the work out.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I lost about 8 lbs while doing the first Insanity program last year. I'm currently going to start week 3 of Insanity Max 30 tomorrow. Only this time I am eating more since I no longer have weight to lose.
  • karencercone1
    karencercone1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    just started 2nd week of insanity at my local ymca gym, and i like to run, with hopes of doing a half marathon in spring! insanity is crazy hard compared to running!!
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options

Wait until month 2. I don't normally talk to the tv but I was definitely cursing him out my first week on the second month.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    ive gotten results in the past started another round currently on week 3
  • 92Irene92
    92Irene92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    LOVE this program!!! Finishing week 1 tomorrow. I did the whole thing before and dropped 14kg in 2 months. It's exhausting but definitely rewarding
    GO INSANITY!!!
  • catpea33
    Options
    Great! I am hoping Insanity is going to improve my running too. I have a half marathon planned for June this year. I should really take a 'before' photo. Will do it tomorrow morning before the work out.

Mine's in June too!

• catpea33
    Options
    92Irene92 wrote: »
    LOVE this program!!! Finishing week 1 tomorrow. I did the whole thing before and dropped 14kg in 2 months. It's exhausting but definitely rewarding
    GO INSANITY!!!

That's awesome! Did you follow the nutrition plan last time? I'm asking because this is also my second time at Insanity and last time I lost.... 3lb. I was gutted. I didn't follow the plan but at the time was a BB club member and so used the meal planner you get with that.