20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    elaine8505 wrote: »
    No excuses for me not to stay on my food plan this week. Meal prep for my family of 5 is done...with lots of help from my daughter. In 5 hours we have breakfast, lunch and snacks packaged and in the fridge for everyone to grab and go during the workweek and 5 healthy dinners made that just need to be reheated each night.

I am lucky that I enjoy cooking, it's my stress reliever, and my daughter seems to be following the same path!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Elaine...I know prepping for the week is a lot of hard work, but we know it is sooooo worth it. You can do something else in the evening because dinner and prepping for the next day won't take as long! Good for you! Also, the bonding with your daughter...priceless!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Marie..your Sunday meal plan looks good! I'm gonna get a rotisserie chicken from Publix and have veggies and a sweet potato for lunch.

Abakan...Bread???? Fresh, homemade bread??? Oh my, I could never eat one slice. Just give me a knife and the loaf.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Barbie I would like for all of our members to use an easy name for us seniors to used plus where they are from. I know we have very few seniors here but sure it would help te younger ones.

please could you sign your post like this using an easy name It would be a big help in getting to know you.
    Marie
    Mesquite, Texas { border Dallas}
    11/7 .

Thank you in advance you could add your birthday if you would like us to celebrate your Birthday Thanks so much.

Thanks Barbie.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! After too much snacking yesterday, I stayed on track today and went for a walk. Wishing everyone a strong week.
    Ruthie
    Graz, Austria
  • BJRDmom
    BJRDmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm from Kanata, Ontario, Canada. I Started using MFP a week ago and lost 5 pounds:-) I joined a gym this week. I look forward to the day that I don't feel so sluggish working out. I just know that in a year from now I will be glad that I started now. I have about 40 pounds to lose. I haven't decided if I will target losing 1 or 2 pounds per week. I am only 5' 4.5". I just want to get er done. Anyone else tried dropping more than a pound a week?
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's great to see everyone doing so well. Happy Sunday y'all!

-Alicia
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't sign my posts with my name Marie I normally do but forgot today.
    I've eaten 2 slices of my fresh homemade bread, it was very yummy, later I will slice it all and put it in the freeze that way I will only eat 1 or 2 slices at a time.
    Linda
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    BJRDmom wrote: »
    Hello I'm from Kanata, Ontario, Canada. I Started using MFP a week ago and lost 5 pounds:-) I joined a gym this week. I look forward to the day that I don't feel so sluggish working out. I just know that in a year from now I will be glad that I started now. I have about 40 pounds to lose. I haven't decided if I will target losing 1 or 2 pounds per week. I am only 5' 4.5". I just want to get er done. Anyone else tried dropping more than a pound a week?

Birdmom Is this what you want us to call you? Congrats on the 5 lbs. lost.
    Welcome to our thread
    marie Mesquite, Texas 11/7

1200204r0sb28cuvc.gif

• brandonandmonicathach
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Anyone want to join me. ? I been a member here on MFP for 6 years and Have not been able to lose any weight. But stumble on this ONe One One diet and been following it for going on 3 weeks Its working for me at long last. my goal is to lose 20 lbs. by Easter. I have lost 6.8 in the first 3 weeks
    Currant weight 197
    Beginning weight 203.8
    Total lost 6.8

See 'ya

I am definitely in. I just started MFP Monday and I plan to weigh in tomorrow so I will post an update!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Anyone want to join me. ? I been a member here on MFP for 6 years and Have not been able to lose any weight. But stumble on this ONe One One diet and been following it for going on 3 weeks Its working for me at long last. my goal is to lose 20 lbs. by Easter. I have lost 6.8 in the first 3 weeks
    Currant weight 197
    Beginning weight 203.8
    Total lost 6.8

See 'ya

I am definitely in. I just started MFP Monday and I plan to weigh in tomorrow so I will post an update!!!

Please give us a shorter name and easy to remember on your post
    1200204r0sb28cuvc.gif
    marie
    Mesquite, Texas..... brodering Dallas
    my Birthday 11/7

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful day. Home from church and had lunch all is well. Hoping I will see a loss when I weigh in tomorrow. So thankful that I have stayed on course for the last two weeks. Makes me feel good!!!
    Marie you must be so excited about your great grandchild.
    Lin-sorry about the loss of your friend.
    Love all the interaction in this group it is so uplifting.
    Nancy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    BJRDmom wrote: »

:D The most important thing for me was to find an eating plan and an exercise plan that I could live with. The more I ate nutritious food, the more energy I had for exercise so I burned more calories. I see that you live far enough north that you probably can't walk outside much in the winter.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington

b-day March 25
    smiley-happy110.gif
  • BJRDmom
    Options
    Thanks CALIECAT for the welcome. My name is Diane - I meant to sign off with that.
    My birthday is March 1.
  • BJRDmom
    Options
    That makes sense barbiecat. The focus should be on a long lasting weight loss and fitness not necessarily all about the numbers. A life style (eating and exercise plan) that we are happy to live with will produce results in the long run. "I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it with no intentions of finding it".
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks diane Lovly name Diane We may make a Birthday list for the 20 lbs challenge by easter thread.
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! The sunshine here is a glorious thing! I do love when it snows but the sunshine makes me happy! So I thought we could explore what makes us all smile...
    ee4oexltdc7w.jpg

Share what makes you happy...I will start:
    <3 My mom (Marie/Caliecat) makes me happy when I see her making new friends online. So proud of how she blossoms when she greets everyone.

Alice
    Bedford Tx
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have started a Birthday list post your birthdate here or on the new links And I will ad it to it.here is the link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10058645/20-pounds-by-easter-challenge-brthhdays#latest hope I can find someone to get them in Momth by month for us For I am not that good at things like that. I get too confused. So if you want your Birthday list post you date here or on the birthday link. And we all can celebrate with you.
    This will act as a sort of memberships record for us.
    Marie
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Happy afternoon! Just wanted to check in and say I made the Overnight Oatmeal last night, and had it for breakfast - it was fantastic! We are going to the Red Wings game (huge hockey fan here) in a little while, but I spent the afternoon shopping for healthy food, and making a pot of cabbage soup. It's so delicious!

Here is the recipe, if anyone would like to try it:

- I small head of cabbage, chopped
    - 10-12 cups water (I always just eyeball it to about 2/3rds of my Dutch oven)
    - 1 stalk of celery, chopped
    - 1 large carrot, chopped
    - 1 onion, chopped
    - 2 tsp minced garlic
    - 1 can diced tomatoes
    - 1 can tomato sauce
    - 2 tsp beef stock
    - hot sauce to your taste (I used 2 tsp Cholula Hot Sauce)
    - 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
    - 1 tsp each: basil, marjoram, thyme and celery salt
    - 2 tsp oregano
    Put all ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until veggies are soft - 20 to 30 minutes.

I worked out the calorie/carb content based on 10 large bowls of soup to approximate 58 calories and 11.7 carbs.

Hope you enjoy!

Belinda
    Plymouth, Michigan
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    beszmytke wrote: »
    Happy afternoon! Just wanted to check in and say I made the Overnight Oatmeal last night, and had it for breakfast - it was fantastic! We are going to the Red Wings game (huge hockey fan here) in a little while, but I spent the afternoon shopping for healthy food, and making a pot of cabbage soup. It's so delicious!

Here is the recipe, if anyone would like to try it:

- I small head of cabbage, chopped
    - 10-12 cups water (I always just eyeball it to about 2/3rds of my Dutch oven)
    - 1 stalk of celery, chopped
    - 1 large carrot, chopped
    - 1 onion, chopped
    - 2 tsp minced garlic
    - 1 can diced tomatoes
    - 1 can tomato sauce
    - 2 tsp beef stock
    - hot sauce to your taste (I used 2 tsp Cholula Hot Sauce)
    - 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
    - 1 tsp each: basil, marjoram, thyme and celery salt
    - 2 tsp oregano
    Put all ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until veggies are soft - 20 to 30 minutes.

I worked out the calorie/carb content based on 10 large bowls of soup to approximate 58 calories and 11.7 carbs.

Hope you enjoy!

Belinda
    Plymouth, Michigan

That is a free food soup in WW and 1-1-1- and a numbers other diets. sound great/ Thanks Belinda

you are a bright star in my eyes
    Marie

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    What makes me happy..... so many things but especially my granddaughters, I am so proud of them.
    Linda