Rowing

Options
So I'm a rower (last fall regatta on Sunday :\ Then it's winter practice) and looking for rower friends.

Anybody else in crew?

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Haven't done it since I was 18, but I miss it. Hmm, that was 28 years ago... ;) Good luck! Very cool that you have fall regattas!
    ETA: Didn't see that YOU are 18 ;) It's an awesome sport and puts you in great physical condition.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I rowed for 5 years but that was middle and high school. I still miss rowing so much. Nothing like it :')
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I row! Or at least I did until this past spring when a nagging ankle injury forced me to quit for the year!
    But I'm back on the erg and feeling good, so hopefully all that work will translate well for next spring. It's a great sport - not one single part of your body that doesn't benefit.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    i use the concept2 rowing machine in gym.
    have set up a november rowing machine challenge 2014 thread on here.
    a few on already,the more the merrier.
  • 429jules
    429jules Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Still looking for rower friends? I'm on a competitive masters team and would love some rower friends on MFP.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I rowed for 8 years as a masters rower, took a couple of years off due to foot problems and just about to get back into it in the next few weeks (hopefully). Rowing is the best sport in my opinion.

I would like rowing friends too!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    429jules wrote: »
    Still looking for rower friends? I'm on a competitive masters team and would love some rower friends on MFP.

there is still a monthly rowing challenge thread within this very forum,and also a seperate rowing forum in groups.

• bingfit221
    bingfit221 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am a concept 2 user but they say it's no comparison to outdoor rowing. Would like to try it though.