How much water do you drink daily?

Options
I have a goal of 89 ounces but I swear it feels like I am floating and walking the rug bear to the ladies room at work!

Replies

• ashley92188
    ashley92188 Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A gallon or No less than 74.4oz. That's how big my water bottle is and I finish that bottle everyday.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Bout 128 oz +, on average.
  • Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Between 67.6oz (8 cups) to 101.4 (12 cups). Just depends on how thirsty I feel. I always drink a full 16.9oz after I do my morning weigh in and before I eat anything. Then I do another 16.9oz before I eat any meal and then drink through the day as I feel thirsty. Anytime I feel hungry, I drink at least 8oz and then wait a few minutes to see if I was really hungry or just thirsty.

When I first started upping my water intake, it felt like I had to go to the bathroom all the time. It's much more manageable now that my body has gotten used to it.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    96-120 oz
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If I'm thristy then I drink water if not than I don't. Also I drink water with food.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    8-12 cups but that could increase to 2 gallons in the summer when I work outside.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I aim for 3L , and I'm in the loo every 30 or so minutes. My body still hasn't got used to this amount of water. I need shares in a toilet paper company!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Tons. Way more than the eight 8oz glasses. I don't count, though. I just drink to my thirst.

Unless you have a physical or psychological issue that causes your sense of thirst to be impaired, just drink to your thirst. You don't have to follow any rule. :)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Probably 70-100 fluid oz per day, on the high end when we include tea and coffee.
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    96-120
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    about 2.5 liter a day next to my 3 blacks coffee in the morning, 1 of 2 tea in the afternoon. And half a cup of almond milk.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    8 to 10 cups. I'm very careful to not drink too much water, actually because I ended up in the hospital, on an IV, with dehydation from excess water.
  • ohmijord
    ohmijord Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was always taught to do your weight x .68 and that should be your water intake. I try my hardest to get over 100 ounces a day but I don't make my goal very often. I should probably try harder. haha.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    96+ ounces daily.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    110-128 oz on workout days, with added electrolytes
    90-100 rest days
  • jodielarms
    jodielarms Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    At minimum 84oz. Most days I aim for a whole gallon. I have found that if I don't drink this much the next day I will weigh 2-3 pounds more. My body is weird, I know.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    8 to 10 cups. I'm very careful to not drink too much water, actually because I ended up in the hospital, on an IV, with dehydation from excess water.

How do you become dehydrated from drinking more than 8-10 cups of water a day? Water hydrates. It doesn't dehydrate.

You didn't become dehydrated from drinking more than 8-10 cups of water. You more than likely had low electrolytes which is why they gave you an IV (sodium chloride).
  • ranaebunyon
    Options
    About 80 oz a day. In the bathroom every hour (at least) kinda sucks, and it's been like that forever but it just seems like I'm thirsty alll the time.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    8 to 10 cups. I'm very careful to not drink too much water, actually because I ended up in the hospital, on an IV, with dehydration from excess water.

Dehydration? Normally it would be over-hydration. they would put an IV on you to add electrolytes back into your system which too much water would have washed out
    I could certainly be wrong but that seems unusual
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I drink like three liters of water per day, maybe more now since it's summer where I live, but I also drink three cups of green tea on average =P