Day off triggering loss?

Options
I work out 6-7 times a week and I finally gave myself a break yesterday. I ate well and did everything i was supposed to and when i weighed this morning I was 1.6 pounds lighter than yesterday. I don't think its a fault weight loss because I did what I was supposed to as far as eating, and i didn't do anything physical yesterday but drive 4 hours to and from atlanta to see a concert. lol. does anyone think (or believe or know) that finally relaxing and eating right on my day off triggered the loss? How does that work? Like does your body recover and during that recovery time get a chance to release whatever was stored in case of another work out? Or did I just bust my weeklong plateau after busting my little butt and lose 3 pounds in 2 days?

I really don't know what else it could be...I'm not stressed, I'm eating... maybe hard work is paying off? :D

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    when you overwork muscles they tend to hold water. when you gave yourself a break you let go of the water.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    when you overwork muscles they tend to hold water. when you gave yourself a break you let go of the water.

Yes, this is what happened.
  • JohniceLH
    JohniceLH Posts: 1
    Options
    MOST DEFINITELY RESTING HELPED! A day of rest/proper rest is essential to weight loss. It allows the body time to "catch up " with everything that has been going on. Continue to be stress-free, eat right, continue to workout, rest/relax, and pamper yourself. Your body will respond.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options

Yes, this is what happened.

Maybe I need a rest day then...I will try that on Sunday.
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Rest is good for you. How else is the body meant to recover from all the stress we put it through.