Map My hike

Options
Hello! I use map my walk with MFP but actually prefer hiking so I downloaded Map My HIKE but it won't connect with MFP. It doesn't even show it as an option. I like the Map My Hike because it has an altimeter so the calories are more accurate for elevation. Do you have a favorite app for hiking (for elevation-with an altimeter) and walking that is connectable which can do both?
Thanks,
Noelle

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I can't help with the app, but I'm in AZ and love to hike too. We're going to Sedona tomorrow to hike in fact. Hope you can find a good app :)
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Runtastic
  • PammieSuzyQ
    PammieSuzyQ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I haven't found a way to connect them either, which is rather annoying since I thought when I got them that they WERE connected!
  • jkgrizzly
    jkgrizzly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Runtastic
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That's weird. I had no trouble connecting the two apps, and the calories from my hikes automatically show up on MFP. Have you gone to the mapmyhike website?
  • Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I used Map My Hike for the first time today. I was able to connect it to MFP. On the top left click on the menu icon, then go to settings. Scroll down to get to "Connected Services". Turn on "My Fitness Pal". I have an Android - don't know if Apple version is different. By the way - I liked the app. Good luck.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    MapMy(insert name here) are all essentially the same program. The elevation data is the same GPS info across the board ... hike, walk, ride, run, dog walk, etc ... unless your device (phone or watch) has an altimeter built in which most don't.