Low carb filling breakfast ideas please ?

Options
im eating porridge the carbs are high but it's filling & low calorie
What do you eat for breakfast ?
Thanks

Replies

• Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Capture_zpsa78ea3e0.jpg
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I eat whatever I want for breakfast. I sometimes have dinner for breakfast if I want to. You really don't need to limit yourself to breakfast foods if that makes low carb breakfast repetitive.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm short and old so don't have a lot of calories to play with. I have a boatload of frozen spinach that I steam saute and then scramble 2 eggs into it. I usually have it with some sriracha on top. I'm a vegetarian, but you could have it with some meat to add more protein.
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I often eat two large eggs, scrambled with a little milk (tablespoon) and no butter. I toast a slice of whole wheat bread and have tomatoes and cucumber with it. Yum!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Thankyou great ideas :)
  • ruthio77
    ruthio77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had an omelette made with 2 whole eggs and 1 egg white, with spinach and low fat cottage cheese for breakfast about 4 hours ago. 2.1g Carbs, 19.9g protein 10g Fat. 201calories. It's nearly midday now and not hungry yet :-)
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I usually have natural yogurt with berries and a small amount of an oaty type of cereal just for a bit of added taste and texture.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    two whole eggs (+ extra egg white maybe), scrambled mashed banana, cinnamon, stevia and a dollop of peanut butter stirred through at the end. Yummmm.

Also right into chorizo omelettes.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    OHHH and Indian spiced potatoes (boiled potatoes, cubed, toss in some butter/olive oil, flavour with curry powder, tumeric, cumin etc), add a cracked egg and some spring onion. Amaze. You can get a LOT of potato in your belly before you reach the same carbs as oats etc. Yum yum.
  • nataliea683
    nataliea683 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i have a yoghurt (muller light around 99kcal) and a cup of tea!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Low carb? Bacon and eggs. I had two slices of bacon and two scrambled eggs for breakfast. 260 calories, 2 grams of carbohydrate. (Eggs have a little)
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I make 3 eggs worth of scrambled egg whites with spinach and I have either 3 links of sausage or 2 pieces of bacon.
  • mauibeachbabe
    Options
    I eat fruit like black berries, strawberries, blueberries and pomagrante and a large glass of milk.

• Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If I were going low carb breakfast it would always be fry up.

But I tend not to as it makes me tired and hungry at work. Instead I focus on carbs ( fruit, brown bread ) and fat ( greek yoghurt, pate or cheese ) at breakfast, then shift away from carbs towards protein and fat as the day goes on.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everyone great ideas
    I need to watch calories too so has given me good ideas :)