You know your addicted to mfp when......

Options

Replies

• fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Best definition ever!!!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    When you have to force yourself to get off MFP and do your work during the day.

that is me all the way!
  • EmVar
    EmVar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When you have the app on your phone and you type in every food ever minute you eat it even at work.

I have to log it straight away else I forget what I've had!
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    your power is knocked out for 4 days because of the tornado's (in Alabama) so you drive 20 minutes one way to get cell phone service so you can log in! Guilty! :)

I live in Arkansas and though not as severe I share in your pain. What happened in Alabama was tragic. We are now fighting floods. You know it rained a lot when portions of Interstate I-40 has been closed for a week.

I have only been here for a month and now have my first 2 day trip scheduled next week and am already figuring how to log my food. Taking the wife's laptop and staying at a wireless friendly motel is my goal.
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    When your taking the risk to be repremanded at work just to sneak onto MFP and find yourself laughing and smiling at your computer only to look up and see its almost lunch time and you havent done a Dag gone thing at work.....but you dont care because your MFP kept you sain and happy for the past couple hours, now you can live the rest of your day successfully. ITS LIKE CRACK GOTTA HAVE IT!

THIS IS TOTALLY ME!!! LMBO!!! sad but true!!! LOVE IT :)
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    when after sex your spouse asks you if you're going to record it on your exercise log (actually was asked that the other night! - told him I consider it "bonus" and don't record it :laugh:)

Or when you skip a workout and right before bed feel guilty and attack your spouse just so you can burn calories!

LMBO!!! GUILTY! sorry babe. ;O)
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When you have to force yourself to get off MFP and do your work during the day.

I am so happy to hear I am not the only one with this addiction while at work. I love Fridays because my supervisor is off and I have a little more freedom :laugh:
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    When your constantly saying to your husband, "So I was on my MFP today, and...."

LOl, I even show my hubbie peoples before and after pics and he was like "who is this again", lol. He says I talk like I know u guys for real and I'm like they are family, my MFP Family :)
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    Some of your comments have literally made me lol! Glad I'm not alone in my addiction!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I will add that sometimes I log on to log food and exercise and end up responding to messages, adding comments to threads, etc and log off and *whack* myself in the head because I meant to log the food...and then I log back on and log the food and exercise and then spend the next hour goofing on the forums...I don't have enough "real" people in my life supporting me on my journey...I gotta hang with the folks that know what I am going through. I work a lot and travel a lot, so the only thing I really have been doing with my free time during the week is workout, eat right, and hang on MFP. Weekends are another story...it is play time with the kiddies (plus mow that pesky lawn).

This made me laugh - are you sure you're not talking about me?
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    when after sex your spouse asks you if you're going to record it on your exercise log (actually was asked that the other night! - told him I consider it "bonus" and don't record it :laugh:)

I actually wore my HRM once and only burned 85 cals! - I gotta try harder LOL!
  • fabulousfebe
    fabulousfebe Posts: 204
    Options
    When you check MFP's comments and updates before you check on Facebook! LOL MFP rules!! :love:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    You're posting an NSV (and this post) instead of working on the two huge finals that are due in less than 13 hours.
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    OMG! I am extremely addicted. Almost all of these posts have my name written all over them.lol
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    When your constantly saying to your husband, "So I was on my MFP today, and...."

This is me, too!

Also, -- when your back is hurting from sitting at the computer too many hours on MFP...
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    ...when it takes 2 frickin' hours to get outta bed every* morning because you keep your smartphone on your nightstand! :noway:

lol That's me. My alarm goes off at 5:45 am. I call my daughter to make sure she's awake and getting ready for school. Then I lie there for an hour checking MFP on my Droid.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    your in on a friday night commenting and posting when you should be out with friends!! lol
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options

That's me! My husband get's sick of it!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    ... you won't eat something unless you can find it in the database (or you can add it to the database)
    ... you are telling everyone you know who even so much as mentions weight loss, fitness goals etc. about "this great site" you use.
    ... you are constantly sneaking peeks at the site when you should be doing other things
    ... you start wondering how many calories you might be burning typing your responses on the message boards and laughing at the posts
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When you start telling your RL family and friends about your MFP friends and they look at you like you are crazy because you really dont 'know' these people :embarassed: