Vibration plates

Options
Hi does anyone know what the correct wording for vibration plates/wobble boards is please as can not seem to find anything for them in the exercise section. Thanks

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Not sure the correct name but if it's what I am picturing not sure how it would be considered an exercise that burns calories. It's more for stretching, correct? At least if it's the vibration machine that I have used and seen at the gym.
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    its probably not there because it isn't really exercise.......
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Just look for the same exercises without the plate and log that.
  • ManchesterBlonde
    ManchesterBlonde Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Powerplates
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This?

Vibrating-Belt-Machine-by-HF-DavisStringer.jpg
  • nickyboo24
    Options
    Nope lol but would love one like that :) I do not use it as such for exercise but do hop on it every other day for 10 mins so thought i should be adding it. It was alot cheaper than people may think as well I am a good bargain hunter but thanks
  • benpoepen
    benpoepen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had a cheap one at home for revalidation purposes after a leg surgery. It didn't really help because it's quite weak.

At the gym there is a professional one. It can vibrate your tooth fillings out. I use it as port of the cooling down to shake the leg muscles loose and to train a bit of balance too. It helps with recovery, but no one uses it to get a workout.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    SofaKingRad_II Posts: 591
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Not really exercise, but oddly enough they are quite popular among the female population.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    We have over at home. It was recommended for my wife's grandmother to treat diabetic neuropathy.

I use it now when my legs are sore as hell after leg day. It works ok, but I'd hardly call it exercise.